Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys do you like putting effort into your appearance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    no I let my personality do le talking

ReputationRep:
    Seems like most of you do care to certain extent

ReputationRep:
    I shower every day and wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. I buy clothes that fit, and that it basically it. I hardly get a hair cut, I usually have like, 2 or 3 a year (it doesn't grow really slowly, but it does grow out nicely enough for me). I barely shave for the same reason; probably shave like, once a month.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I only put effort into not looking like a chavy idiot, other than that idgaf

ReputationRep:
    There are always piff tings on my line to work.. so I might as well :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    if i'm going out anywhere I put in a bit of effort, but when I'm inside I see no point.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like to look/smell good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do. Unless I am just going to work.

ReputationRep:
    I try.... But usually fail miserably

ReputationRep:
    I just like to start the day clean and comb my hair. Have a shave if needed. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, depends what is classed as out of the ordinary? I would think most people get their hair cut and styled?

ReputationRep:
    usually don't go out without at least having a shower and doing my hair

clothes depends on the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    As in wanting to look presentable by wearing nice fitted clothes, styling your hair or getting a haircut now and then. Shaving regularly, maintaining your facial hair and putting on nice cologne.

Do you make an effort everyday or perhaps only on special occasions?

Replica thread of the girls version.
    Kinda

I wear nice shirts and **** to work, make sure I have a wash before I leave the house etc.

But other than that, I just wear my gym clothes really, shorts/joggers plus a t-shirt.

We live in a world where too much is placed on appearance, yeah it's nice to look good, but if it's to the point where it's taking over your life, then nah.

Besides, I prefer comfortable clothes.

ReputationRep:
    No. I mean I make sure I look decent but I don't spend any significant time thinking about it or doing something about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah not really only for a job interview or social event, I'm a man so society judges me on what I accomplish not what I look like.

ReputationRep:
    definitely - I style/blowdry my hair, I'm very fashion-conscious, I try to keep my body as physically fit as I can, etc

ReputationRep:
    The time I spend on my looks can be broken up into 2 sections hygiene and purchasing clothing. I am reluctant to do any more than is required, so I guess I don't like putting effort into looking good (looking like a greasy metrosexual).

I must be pretty ok when it comes to looks, as I have never had a problem in finding or keeping partners.

Substance over style, always..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    yeah, depends what is classed as out of the ordinary? I would think most people get their hair cut and styled?
    Things like thinning eyebrows, maintaining a perfect beard/stubble or wearing smart clothes like blazers and shirts .

ReputationRep:
    Things like thinning eyebrows, maintaining a perfect beard/stubble or wearing smart clothes like blazers and shirts .
    I trim my eyebrows cause they kinda grow dodgy, don't really get much facial hair and I wear shirts out but I think most people tend to as well and my sixth form requires us to wear suit and tie. I guess I do go out of the ordinary as I seem to be the only one going for a bow tie and braces.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As in wanting to look presentable by wearing nice fitted clothes, styling your hair or getting a haircut now and then. Shaving regularly, maintaining your facial hair and putting on nice cologne.

Do you make an effort everyday or perhaps only on special occasions?

Replica thread of the girls version.
    If it's a special occasion I'll put some half decent clothes on. Otherwise I shave (only because I get told to at cadets).

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.