Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can someone be christian/muslim and a feminist at the same time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, it could be possible for Christians if they cherry pick.

But i don't think you can be Muslim and a feminist unless there is some extreme cherry picking going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    You have clearly not met my mother :rofl:

''Oh hell naw, oh no you didn't, don't need no man, snap fingers , ain't nobody got time for that, you go gurl, whistles go wooooo, hide yo' kids hide uo' wife'' angry black woman? Funny thing is I've been married to a black woman for 5 years and she's the exact opposite of that. She's ''whiter'' than 99% of white people and the black girls in her school used to bully her every single day and call her an Oreo just because she was polite, quiet and paid attention in class (this was in the US). In fact I'll give her a hug right now for being so ****ing amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    ''Oh hell naw, oh no you didn't, don't need no man, snap fingers , ain't nobody got time for that, you go gurl, whistles go wooooo, hide yo' kids hide uo' wife'' angry black woman? Funny thing is I've been married to a black woman for 5 years and she's the exact opposite of that. She's ''whiter'' than 99% of white people and the black girls in her school used to bully her every single day and call her an Oreo just because she was polite, quiet and paid attention in class (this was in the US). In fact I'll give her a hug right now for being so ****ing amazing.
    Awh that's sweet :yep:

Lol no she's not an angry black woman but she doesn't take orders from anyone :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but perhaps will not be as strict on their religion. I'm a Christian but disagree with many Christian beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiyshaxo)
    You obviously haven't read enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you mind providing me with the verses you think prove the opposite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    The men are in charge at all times in all the main christian churches , whether you're talking about 1AD or 2014, there is no doubt . There is no ''she'' in the Trinity as there are no female popes or orthodox patriarchs. Men are the leaders, no if's and but's. You cannot be a christian and deny the most basic beliefs the religion is based on. As quoted, earlier ''the head of a wife is her husband''. And Mary is revered , yes. But for what? For being His mother. For being the mother and loving nurturer . Which is what women's role is supposed to be according to the bible. And I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go down too smoothly with feminists.
    Well, no, not in all of them, actually (though you disregard those who allow female clergy as having "succumbed to modern PC"; how, then, are they to please you?). The Trinity is irrelevant, as are the genders of the Popes, or the Patriarchs. The "most basic belief" of Christianity is that in Jesus Christ, and the core of his message: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself." This is what makes you Christian, not reading a book.

(Original post by joey11223)
    Well @#!*% , real waste of trees for all those thick Bibles then, a little pamphet saying "ignore the details, just believe Jesus is Gods son (Implying God exists too of course..), he came down, did some miracles, died, came back to life because of aforementioned fact of being Gods son, then went back to heaven to be with dad. Oh and...he is technically his son, but is also him at the same time, not a literal son, but don't confuse yourself with the trinity stuff...", would suffice surely?

I mean seriously, belief in Jesus is the ONLY THING? I'd at the very least not even bother to include the OT in the Bible at all, since it's entirely irrelevant and just causes confusion (Leviticus laying down so many rules/regulations, which are now meaningless apparently), also makes the religion a target for the most ridicule, so very unhelpful stuff, especially when in the modern age most Christians now say pretty much all the key events are in fact just parables and aren't literal (Garden of Eden, creation of the world in 7 days etc).
    Perhaps it would! Unfortunately, I'm not in touch with the publisher(s).

Yes. Think of that what you will.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.