Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I studied crowded coasts and rebranding I think on Edexcel Geography, neither were interesting tbh but I got an A* for A-Level Geog. Geog is so easy to get high grades in, I think my Rebranding coursework was to say how Manchester had improved since the Commonwealth Games which I made most of it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    anyone have any idea what

edexcel geography
    unit 1 - 66
    unit 2 - 50
    will equate to in UMS and grade wise...
    what you expecting the grade boundaries to be around for both units...
    Go to page 14 for grade boundaries

http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/conten...Boundaries.pdf

To answer your question

unit 1 - A
    unit 2 - A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash24411)
    Go to page 14 for grade boundaries

http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/conten...Boundaries.pdf

To answer your question

unit 1 - A
    unit 2 - A
    I'm quite surprised by how low these boundaries are! I did think they would be higher! But I'm quite happy with them to be honest! How about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _annienicholls)
    Im thinking lower grade boundaries! The exams weren't as easy as some of the mock one's we've done in class!
    Hey how did you do btw?

I got an A in unit 1 which i was extremely pleased with

However in unit 2 i got a C which was expected...

But i did get a B overall which i am pleased and grateful with

ReputationRep:
    Hey how did you do btw?

I got an A in unit 1 which i was extremely pleased with

However in unit 2 i got a C which was expected...

But i did get a B overall which i am pleased and grateful with

*Cries* I failed! I got an E! I'll put it down to medical issues i've had but a U in unit 1 was not expected! However I was quite happy with a B in unit 2!
    Now to resit year 12 and cry!

ReputationRep:
    *Cries* I failed! I got an E! I'll put it down to medical issues i've had but a U in unit 1 was not expected! However I was quite happy with a B in unit 2!
    Now to resit year 12 and cry!
    That's really unfortunate congratulations on the B though! you can just resit unit 1 instead of retaking the whole year unless other A levels were bad

ReputationRep:
    That's really unfortunate congratulations on the B though! you can just resit unit 1 instead of retaking the whole year unless other A levels were bad
    Yeah... I also failed AS Psychology! Oh well! I know what happened and I'm ready to smash it next year!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... I also failed AS Psychology! Oh well! I know what happened and I'm ready to smash it next year!
    You sure will and good luck for next year!

ReputationRep:
    You sure will and good luck for next year!

Thank you very much! My friends seem to be more upset about me staying behind than I am!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! My friends seem to be more upset about me staying behind than I am!
    haha a lot of my friends are planning to redo the year as well and tbh i am pretty darn upset myself! so i see where they are coming from :P

ReputationRep:
    haha a lot of my friends are planning to redo the year as well and tbh i am pretty darn upset myself! so i see where they are coming from :P

Im glad im not the only one! I need new friends - mine are all way too smart! Wanting to become doctors and dentists whereas I just want to be happy - something they don't seem to want to see as an option!

ReputationRep:
    Im glad im not the only one! I need new friends - mine are all way too smart! Wanting to become doctors and dentists whereas I just want to be happy - something they don't seem to want to see as an option!
    Luckily not all my friends are aspiring doctors and dentists! only one of them actually wants to become a dentist and the majority of others want the maths route whereas me im just confused lol!

ReputationRep:
    i got 158 ums and an A overall is 160 im thinking on getting a remark for unit 2 which i got a B on hm. what shall i do ? shall i leave it and gain extra ums in A2 or risk getting a remark . help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obito3000)
    i got 158 ums and an A overall is 160 im thinking on getting a remark for unit 2 which i got a B on hm. what shall i do ? shall i leave it and gain extra ums in A2 or risk getting a remark . help!!!
    I feel you man i got 157 UMS on Geography and 158 UMS on Psychology so annoyed im gonna talk to my teacher about whether i should get a remark to gain those couple marks or not i think you should do the same but i would recommend a remark

ReputationRep:
    Wow i got A in Geography, did not expect it at all... the grade boundaries were shockingly low.

But in all honesty, I did answer all questions and I did tried my best.

GCSE students reading this, work hard and you can easily get an A.

ReputationRep:
    I feel you man i got 157 UMS on Geography and 158 UMS on Psychology so annoyed im gonna talk to my teacher about whether i should get a remark to gain those couple marks or not i think you should do the same but i would recommend a remark

i badly want an A* overall so im just gonna retake unit 1 next year and try to get a atleast
    80/90 because I only scraped an A ffs

ReputationRep:
    i badly want an A* overall so im just gonna retake unit 1 next year and try to get a atleast
    Good luck! im sure you will gain an A* in the end

Also i would retake unit 2 to get that C to a B or an A but tbh i want to strongly focus on my A2 units and want to achieve an A overall so hopefully that goes well for me

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got an E in unit 1 and an A in unit 2.. which to me seems strange because I thought the first exam was fine.

I am assuming a remark is the right option? I really don't understand what happened, I'm going to have to retake that exam regardless I think!

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about retaking so much just for extra UMS... the A* at a-level is mainly based on getting like an A or near an A at AS and the main factor is getting 90% or over in the A2 exams.
    Plus you don't want toput a huge work load on yourself particularly as all exams are in the summer. I've just finished A-level geography and managed to get an a* which i'm very shocked and please with. Trust me unit 3 and unit 4 are so stressful, I found anyway, particuarly unit 3, a 2 and ahalf hour exam!
    Your best bet is to focus all your energy on doing as much as you can in unit 3 and 4, don't worry about AS n

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.