The Student Room Group

Men have been marginalised in the 'lad culture' debate.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Harvey Dent
I think LADs should be executed on sight.

I'm imagining two-face just plain out shooting all the LADs.
That would be a beautiful sight.
I don't engage in "LAD culture" because it just isn't who I am, but people need to get over it. It's a bunch of people having fun, totally harmless
Original post by PythianLegume
Men tend to be marginalised by all feminism. It's the cause's greatest flaw, because amazingly you need men on your side if you want to stop men being sexist.

exactly why femism is a croque of ****! i half consider it to be an instrument of division. whats the biggest threat to white male dominance? Other white males!!!
Luckily my Uni isn't allowed to join NUS, and having seen this article I'm so glad. They are a bunch of nutters. I have never seen anything come out of the NUS and thought "that sounds like a great idea".
Original post by heavenlyphoto
exactly why femism is a croque of ****! i half consider it to be an instrument of division. whats the biggest threat to white male dominance? Other white males!!!

Not so much a croque of **** as not using the most effective methods to achieve their goal.
Original post by yo radical one
I don't engage in "LAD culture" because it just isn't who I am, but people need to get over it. It's a bunch of people having fun, totally harmless

I don't think most people involved in "lad" culture are aware of it. Technically speaking many female students are involved in it and actively encourage it!

LAD culture is literally just stereotypical "man up" culture, just applied to students to create mass hysteria.

Do you drink to much at uni? NUS blames lad culture....

Do you have sex with too many people (if that could ever be a problem)? NUS blames lad culture....

Do you wear slutty clothes? NUS blames lad culture....

Do you wolf whistle at women? NUS blames lad culture....

Do you try and pick up girls or guys in da club? NUS blames lad culture

It's basically just stereotypical masculine behaviour that the more so called intellectual and civilized middle classes are shocked by..... god have they ever been in a pub or club in the last 30 years?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PythianLegume
Not so much a croque of **** as not using the most effective methods to achieve their goal.

ok ill change that, id give it more thought if it was,nt for the radical white male hating element.
Reply 27
Original post by Snagprophet
As a student, **** the NUS. A disgusting, overly spergy group of idiotic hippies.

I think that the NUS is definitely controlling and quite cliquish. You have made a very good point.
Reply 28
Original post by DanB1991
I don't think most people involved in "lad" culture are aware of it. Technically speaking many female students are involved in it and actively encourage it!

LAD culture is literally just stereotypical "man up" culture, just applied to students to create mass hysteria.

Do you have sex with too many people (if that could ever be a problem)? NUS blames lad culture....

Do you try and pick up girls in da club? NUS blames lad culture

It's basically just stereotypical masculine behaviour that the more so called intellectual and civilized middle classes are shocked by..... god have they ever been in a pub or club in the last 30 years?

I agree. There is an element of hypocrisy in the student feminist groups.
Original post by itsallfun
I think that the NUS is definitely controlling and quite cliquish. You have made a very good point.

Do any students actually like the NUS.... apart from those who are active within the organisation?
Reply 30
Original post by heavenlyphoto
ok ill change that, id give it more thought if it was,nt for the radical white male hating element.

I agree with that. Many of the feminist students can be quite obnoxious and the "No more page 3" are censoring bullies.
I agree with that. Many of the feminist students can be quite obnoxious and the "No more page 3" are censoring bullies.

One feminist movement says "Ban Page 3" the other says "Free the Nipple". Which is it?
Reply 32
Do any students actually like the NUS.... apart from those who are active within the organisation?

I do not think so. In fact I would say that NUS can be often useless. Here is another Tab article that notes that the NUS does little to help students http://tab.co.uk/2014/04/17/they-dont-care-about-us-how-the-nus-has-no-interest-in-helping-students/

I have never been effected by anything the NUS has put in place as my Uni have been banned from joining the NUS. But even so they are too Left Wing for their own good.
Reply 34
Original post by DiddyDec
One feminist movement says "Ban Page 3" the other says "Free the Nipple". Which is it?

An excellent point. There seems an inherent cognitive dissonance there.

Do you try and pick up girls or guys in da club? NUS blames lad culture

Regardless of whether or not those things are part of LAD culture, they are all free choice, if you don't like it remove yourself from society or spend your time with likeminded people.
Original post by yo radical one
Regardless of whether or not those things are part of LAD culture, they are all free choice, if you don't like it remove yourself from society or spend your time with likeminded people.

I think that's the main problem, organisations like the NUS don't realise no-one is being forced to partake in such activities.
An excellent point. There seems an inherent cognitive dissonance there.

There's no cognitive dissonance, it's just that feminism is not a single movement.
Alpha males getting criticised ? Nothing new , it happens to rockstars , celebrities , narcissists , "playas" , thugs etc but really and truly despite all their flaws women will continue to be drawn to them and sleep with them because they embody masculinity .
(edited 9 years ago)
Feminism is a collection of movements under the same name working against each other to gain equality for all or supremacy of women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest