Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can a man slap a woman if she hurts his feelings? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would say no, it would hurt much more if a man hit a woman than if a woman hit a man.

It would be like hitting a child

ReputationRep:
    Nope...end of.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Cowardly thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.
    depends on the individual though doesn't it, I'm sure there are many many women out there that can hit harder than many men. And obviously it depends how hard they try to slap, I wouldn't imagine a 6ft gym lad would put as much effort into his slaps because he's probably aware of how much more damage and pain they'd cause, whereas generally a a much lighter female is required to put in near full effort in order to have a decent effect. In my opinion both genders should try to restrain from hitting but if need be, they should have equal rights in it as long as they keep the force down so as to not totally destroy the other's face.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.
    Then start lifting.

If you're too lazy, suck it up.

(Original post by Plasticity)
      Then start lifting.

Lol, I'm not complaining. Just stating a fact. :erm:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yo radical one)
      I would say no, it would hurt much more if a man hit a woman than if a woman hit a man.

Exactly. Women are children and need to be mummy coddled.

#feminism.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Plasticity)
      Then start lifting.

This.

It's not funny when a person abuses another person.

ReputationRep:
      No t's an exclusive perk for women. Feminists wouldn't like it if men were able to

But on a serious note, I would never slap a women. I was raised well enough to know that violence (especially towards those more vulnerable) is wrong. And slapping is very feminine in it's self

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yo radical one)

People can decide how hard to hit. Is it okay then for a man to slap with less than all his force, say, equivalent to a woman's force?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by themorninglight)
      Nope. Cowardly thing to do.
      Is it cowardly when's woman does it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChickenMadness)

#feminism.
      Then a mild slap is needed to incur discipline on women who get out of line as it is proven to work on children and dogs.

ReputationRep:
      Gender is irrelevant here. It's not acceptable for anyone to physically lash out at someone for hurting their feelings. It's just Western society to go absolutely ape**** if a guy lays his hands on a woman, because you know, equal rights and stuff. :confused:

ReputationRep:
      No

But if she did the same thing to you before.. then yes

ReputationRep:
      It amuses me that people think that a man shouldn't hit a woman because it'd hurt more than if a woman hit a man. The pain factor here is irrelevant, it's the principle of being able to talk things out instead of physically lashing out at each other that should be prioritised.

I'm not going to hit a woman if she hurts my feelings because it's a ridiculous and emotional knee-jerk action to take, but if she hit me twice (everyone gets a free one) with any intent of causing me pain then I'd hit her back. No doubt she'd have a shocked look on her face and be incredulous at my actions, but what do you expect? For me to roll over and accept physical violence from someone simply because they have a vagina? How absurd.

If it's not ok for a man to hit a woman for no reason then it's not ok for a woman to hit a man for no reason, the force of the punch doesn't even factor into it. And yet somehow there are some women out there who freely admit to being a bit slap-happy sometimes but I bet they'd run to the nearest judge if their partner even threatened to retaliate, and that is a horrible double-standard that needs to be wiped out.

ReputationRep:
      No. Women are weaker, slapping a man is probably as bad as it gets (albeit certain exceptional cases). Whats the point? Is that really going to make you feel better, more masculine?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChickenMadness)

#feminism.
      This is not true at all

In the Western World (specifically the Western World) feminists are usually against the rule that a man should not hit a woman because they think it is patronising to women. I honestly couldn't care less what they think however.

(Original post by joker12345)
      People can decide how hard to hit. Is it okay then for a man to slap with less than all his force, say, equivalent to a woman's force?
      Nope, just don't do it.

ReputationRep:
      Shouldn't be acceptable for either, only time it's OK to hit another person is in self defense or protecting someone else

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Drunk Punx)
      It amuses me that people think that a man shouldn't hit a woman because it'd hurt more than if a woman hit a man. The pain factor here is irrelevant, it's the principle of being able to talk things out instead of physically lashing out at each other that should be prioritised.

I'm not going to hit a woman if she hurts my feelings because it's a ridiculous and emotional knee-jerk action to take, but if she hit me twice (everyone gets a free one) with any intent of causing me pain then I'd hit her back. No doubt she'd have a shocked look on her face and be incredulous at my actions, but what do you expect? For me to roll over and accept physical violence from someone simply because they have a vagina? How absurd.

If it's not ok for a man to hit a woman for no reason then it's not ok for a woman to hit a man for no reason, the force of the punch doesn't even factor into it. And yet somehow there are some women out there who freely admit to being a bit slap-happy sometimes but I bet they'd run to the nearest judge if their partner even threatened to retaliate, and that is a horrible double-standard that needs to be wiped out.
      Depends on what woman your hitting, if she is generally touchy-feeling and very emotional, just let her slap you because it will make her feel better. Even if it does 'hurt'. Then again, it depends on your definition of pain.
      I'm a girl, I have an extremely high tolerance to pain so I probably won't feel anything if I'm slapped, am not very emotional or feminine so I'd probably start a fight and throw punches because I never slap.
      Some guys who are (not only homosexuals), extremely feminine and I like laugh at them sometimes, I know I sound cruel but I feel like I would probably slaughter them in a flight and even then I wont get into a fight with them because of this.
      I abstain from hitting other girls or getting into fights with them, unless the girl is like me, I consider it to be a very low thing for me to do, to hit a girl.
      My point is, it really does depend on who your hitting for both men and women. But generally speaking if your stronger than her & she is generally a wreck then DON'T.

ReputationRep:
      Never

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.