Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    Totally unacceptable, just do this, do it in person:

Ask her to go to Starbucks or somewhere for a drink and do it there. You want to succeed right? You are halving your chances by asking her out on social media... meet up with her and do it face to face.

Don't go to the cinema, you'll have perhaps 10 minutes before-hand to talk to her followed by maybe 10 afterwards. You need at least 45 minutes of good conversation before you can start to ask her out... Anything beforehand is jumping the gun. You don't want to ask her out too quickly, you want to make it appear to her that you've come to that conclusion as a result of your time with her.
    She likes Starbucks but how do i ask her to go to Starbucks? "Hey amy, u fanny goin out for a drink one day?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    Oh no, you must certainly avoid that.

It is a two-step process in which you wait for her replies:

1) "Hey are you around in the next couple of days, it would be nice to meet up if possible "
    2) "Yeah sure, well I'm free tomorrow?"
    3) "Cool, do you want to go to Starbucks or something???"
    4) "Yeah, what time?"
    Sorrrrrrrryy! It was supposed to say "fancy" not "fanny" i apologise!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds alright for a 15 year old - don't want to not sound like your some serious dude - laidback is coooool! It shows the girl that you like her but are not crazy for her already :lolwut: ! Most of the time, girls buy into that stuff like it's something serious, and then get their hearts broken so it's better to be laidback in your approach - only once in a bluemoon will you find a chick willing to go with flirtation/summer romance like it's meant to be! :heart:

Afterwards, if the date goes well - you can include kissing! I don't think it should be too much for a first date - and your out of bucks you could go to a picnic but if you have saved over for a rainy day, then maybe grab a pizza together and talk and get to know each other more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashion Girl)
    I think it sounds alright for a 15 year old - don't want to not sound like your some serious dude - laidback is coooool! It shows the girl that you like her but are not crazy for her already :lolwut: ! Most of the time, girls buy into that stuff like it's something serious, and then get their hearts broken so it's better to be laidback in your approach - only once in a bluemoon will you find a chick willing to go with flirtation/summer romance like it's meant to be! :heart:

Afterwards, if the date goes well - you can include kissing! I don't think it should be too much for a first date - and your out of bucks you could go to a picnic but if you have saved over for a rainy day, then maybe grab a pizza together and talk and get to know each other more!
    Only just Found out. Shes gone on holiday for a few weeks so i will have to Wait till september! Gutted! My mate has recently started dating one of her best friends so that might bring us closer. Dont know :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitbatapple)
    No we dont talk often because im abit shy and Shes in year below

You need to make yourself more active and engage in your conversations with her otherwise things may be a bit shaky and akward-take this from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitbatapple)
    No we dont talk often because im abit shy and Shes in year below

Come on you have got to do a lot better than this. What i mean is that i would not like someone i hardly talk to to ask me out as that may be somewhat akward-that is just my view and everbody is different.

sometimes you have to come out of your shell and in this case its the fact that you are shy-this is holding you back. Sometimes i am shy and thats maybe because i am talking to someone i am not comfortable with.

...Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.