Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a soon-to-be third year anything! Watch

do you have kik

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Black Cat)
      How does it feel knowing that your university experience is coming to an end.
      I'm indifferent to it, really. I mean, uni is IMO just a very big school to me. My work life will be much better, I'll make sure!

(Original post by + polarity -)
      do you have kik
      What's kik?

(Original post by JulietheCat)
        What's kik?
        ok

ReputationRep:
        How would you advise someone who has just finished first year to spend their Summer holiday?

Is is a good idea to do some reading ahead/revisiting of first year content? Or should I just enjoy the lack of work while it lasts?

ReputationRep:
        do you have kik
        Duuuude!

(Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯)
          Duuuude!
          what did I do

ReputationRep:
          How do I make friends during freshers? I feel like I'm bound to be the guy on his own during the event.
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          Maybe a music teacher or IB.
          thats quite a difference.

None
          NONE :yikes: How? not even one?

ReputationRep:
          what did I do
          Nothing. I just wanted your attention pols

How are ya? Long time no speak
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by SecretDuck)
          Yeah, it's up there with the Heck**** Olin Model. Completely avoiding macro like the plague. I enjoy reading about the economy, but none of the lecturers even made it remotely interesting IMO.

hmmm i hope my lecturers do a better job, as i like macro. i can only remember 3 econ lecturers and they were pretty good, so i have hope. :u:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Reina)
          How would you advise someone who has just finished first year to spend their Summer holiday?

Is is a good idea to do some reading ahead/revisiting of first year content? Or should I just enjoy the lack of work while it lasts?
          I'd suggest to relax and either volunteer or do work experience in the meantime. Will equip you with the skills you need for the all important job in the end.

(Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯)
          How do I make friends during freshers? I feel like I'm bound to be the guy on his own during the event.
          Just come up to people, be interested in them, smile, be polite and sooner or later, you'll have good acquaintances. Friendships from there will develop in time

(Original post by Wee.Guy)
          thats quite a difference.

NONE :yikes: How? not even one?
          Yes, it is a huge difference.

Nope, not even one. I dunno, I guess at my new uni, I got so interested in the course that I didn't want to skip anything :shakehead:
          • Very Important Poster
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          hmmm i hope my lecturers do a better job, as i like macro. i can only remember 3 econ lecturers and they were pretty good, so i have hope. :u:
          Mine were old, had boring voices and bombarded us with tons of data in the space of two hours. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
          Did you have a weekly routine? If so, how did you stick to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by addylad)
          Did you have a weekly routine? If so, how did you stick to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
          Yep, I still do

Wake up, do morning routine, study for a little bit, go with my flatmates to lectures and classes and go to society events (mainly our own ones, and the tickets sell out in two hours!). I come back to study up until 6pm, play a video game for an hour and then have dinner with my flatmates. Sometimes we play a video game together, though most of the times I want to play a single player game.

I stuck to it pretty well :yep:
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          Mine were old, had boring voices and bombarded us with tons of data in the space of two hours. :afraid:
          :console:
          • Very Important Poster
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          :console:
          The problem with my macro lecturers were that they simply skimmed over the topics and then used 80% of the lecture time to bore us with empirical stuff, when we can read it in our own time.

The lecturers for other modules didn't do that, so next year I'm taking a bit of everything except macro.
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          The problem with my macro lecturers were that they simply skimmed over the topics and then used 80% of the lecture time to bore us with empirical stuff, when we can read it in our own time.

The lecturers for other modules didn't do that, so next year I'm taking a bit of everything except macro.

at least you prefer micro so thats not so bad. do you know the list of modules to choose from yet?

ReputationRep:
          What little nuggets of wisdom would you give to a soon to be second year?
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

if you could study any degree right now what would it be?

ReputationRep:
          Did you join a swimming club at uni? I don't know how to swim and I'm interested

What other sports or societies did you join?

Dating in uni? How did you find it?

How much did you spend per week?

Did you shop for groceries online or in store? I'm thinking of doing it online as I don't want to carry heavy bags

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.