Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would Christianity and Islam pass the U. N. rules on human rights? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In 1000 years religion will be a faint memory. When humans can save humans from anything between disease or natural disasters, the purpose of God will be diminished into nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    LOL-your ideology is wrong as usual.

perhaps you need to re-think once again...
    That is all you uselessly and ignorantly say. You are on ignore.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saayagain)
    In 1000 years religion will be a faint memory. When humans can save humans from anything between disease or natural disasters, the purpose of God will be diminished into nothing.
    Not that long as few believers believe today.

Note how no one is pushing for religious laws.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatest I am)
    Not that long as few believers believe today.

Note how no one is pushing for religious laws.

Regards
    DL
    They do believe in a god though. They just don't practice the traditional practices of Christianity, Judaism or Islam. I say these three because they are basically all the same and the make up most of religion in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Christianity isn't a legalistic religion at all; quite the opposite. Jesus pointed out the hypocrisy of legalism and petty laws. Therefore, there is no such thing as a 'Christian law'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I can't stand it when people don't realise that to be a Christian is not the same thing as being a Christian fundamentalist. The Bible is 2000 years old - obviously it's not relevant to today's society!
    It's even worse when people don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about. It's almost laughable, people's understanding is based on tabloid papers and what they've seen in media and their own assumptions.

For all of TSR's students with their 9000 A*'s, it certainly doesn't show in some sections of this forum.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand it when people don't realise that to be a Christian is not the same thing as being a Christian fundamentalist. The Bible is 2000 years old - obviously it's not relevant to today's society!
    Doesn't the same principle apply to Muslims and Islam then?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I honestly feel that indoctrination of children into religion should be classed as child abuse. If they want to mutilate their genitalia and worship a non-existent celestial dictator in order to rid them of the sin committed by a non-existent rib woman who's sin was the consumption of knowledge then they can do so when they turn 18. Prior to that, it is severe child abuse. I was abused as a child and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that my belief in God was infinitely more harmful than the physical abuse I suffered. It was only by throwing off the shackles of religion that true happiness became possible.

Religion is the one fundamental human right which contradicts all other fundamental human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatest I am)
    That is all you uselessly and ignorantly say. You are on ignore.

Regards
    DL

Excuse me i am just trying to prove my point.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    It's even worse when people don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about. It's almost laughable, people's understanding is based on tabloid papers and what they've seen in media and their own assumptions.

For all of TSR's students with their 9000 A*'s, it certainly doesn't show in some sections of this forum.
    If there's one thing I've learned from TSR, it's that test results tell you zilch about people's actual understanding of the world they live in.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    Doesn't the same principle apply to Muslims and Islam then?
    Absolutely, it applies to all religions. Even atheists - most atheists aren't the irritating, bigoted and ignorant Dawkinite 'internet-debater' that we hear of so much.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, it applies to all religions. Even atheists - most atheists aren't the irritating, bigoted and ignorant Dawkinite 'internet-debater' that we hear of so much.
    I wish everyone on tsr had this mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saayagain)
    They do believe in a god though. They just don't practice the traditional practices of Christianity, Judaism or Islam. I say these three because they are basically all the same and the make up most of religion in the world.
    I would say that 95% of those who say they are believers are not telling the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY

Most in religions are following tradition and culture. That has nothing to do with a belief in a God.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    Nope. I honestly feel that indoctrination of children into religion should be classed as child abuse. If they want to mutilate their genitalia and worship a non-existent celestial dictator in order to rid them of the sin committed by a non-existent rib woman who's sin was the consumption of knowledge then they can do so when they turn 18. Prior to that, it is severe child abuse. I was abused as a child and I can tell you in no uncertain terms that my belief in God was infinitely more harmful than the physical abuse I suffered. It was only by throwing off the shackles of religion that true happiness became possible.

Religion is the one fundamental human right which contradicts all other fundamental human rights.
    Please give this message often and in diverse places. The butterfly effect is real and let it work for you and those you might save.

Regards
    DL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    I wish everyone on tsr had this mentality.
    The world. Not just TSR.

Religion is still pushing the dark ages.

Regards
    DL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.