Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is she still upset? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    It is really bad. There's no need to tell her it was you, but you made her lose her revision notes. I can't imagine what I would have done if I had lost my A level revision notes, would have been devastated. How can you not see that it's a really terrible thing to have done? Next time, don't muck around with other people's belongings, okay? For everyone's sake.
    Mistakes happen. I am sure it will be ok, she really should stop being so needlessly upset about the A levels though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    Well, at least you taught her a valuable lesson about the necessities of data backup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought the same thing. She should have stored the information on computer files as well rather than just keeping them on her memory stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iseveryoneok?)
    Do not worry I am not going to. I do not want any immature attempts at revenge directed towards me.
    However i hope she finds out. You are evil. You need help.
    Go find a heart

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol, go find a heart :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well you are a vile person but she should've backed up those notes...I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have a copy on her own laptop/computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    However i hope she finds out. You are evil. You need help.
    Go find a heart

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol, go find a heart :lol:
    That seems like a nasty response. I am not evil and it would not be right if she found out.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, earlier this year I wiped the memory stick of a girl I know, do not worry she did not know who did it and believes that there must be an error on it. I did it just to see if I could (I did not want to use my own memory stick). Anyway it turns out that all of her A level revision notes were on there and with not enough time to write more, she flunked her exams and has been depressed ever since (crying frequently from what I hear). I am not going to tell her it was me (that would be immoral) but I want her to move on and realise that A levels are not everything. What can I do to get her to stop moping?
    She's not going to move on without knowing it was you.

ReputationRep:
    People like you are so...argh

But seriously though, always have a back-up just in case

ReputationRep:
    Do not worry I am not a troll. When this thread has been finished I will dispose of this account. To use a regular account for a very personal issue like this would be foolish. You response is immature and judgemental.
    My response is not immature but it does seem you are, you seem to think that she can just move on but that is not necessarily the case, you may have jeopardised her chances at university etc which can't be solved by you trying to make her feel better. You obviously don't seem to care all that much about a levels but she may care an awful lot and you would like her to live always thinking that it was all her fault. Fine don't tell her but you better hope that she comes out with better grades than she thinks she has gotten. What annoys me most is that you don't seem sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    She's not going to move on without knowing it was you.
    How will her knowing help her move on? It would not be fair on me and I am not going to tell her. I hope she finds comfort but no I am not going to tell her.

ReputationRep:
    How will her knowing help her move on? It would not be fair on me and I am not going to tell her. I hope she finds comfort but no I am not going to tell her.
    It won't be fair on you?

What about her?

She won't find comfort. You'll regret it whatever happens.

ReputationRep:
    That seems like a nasty response. I am not evil and it would not be right if she found out.
    Nasty responses for nasty people.

It is not 'right' to touch other peoples belongings and its not 'right' to delete her stuff either.

You do not know what is 'right' so go and learn the definition of 'right'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    My response is not immature but it does seem you are, you seem to think that she can just move on but that is not necessarily the case, you may have jeopardised her chances at university etc which can't be solved by you trying to make her feel better. You obviously don't seem to care all that much about a levels but she may care an awful lot and you would like her to live always thinking that it was all her fault. Fine don't tell her but you better hope that she comes out with better grades than she thinks she has gotten. What annoys me most is that you don't seem sorry
    Well it is highly unlikely that she will come out with better grades as they were her final exams and from what I have heard she could not even complete the exams. I am not particularly sorry as I passed my A levels a long time ago and got into the university I wanted. Really it is her fault for not backing up her files.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    It won't be fair on you?

What about her?

She won't find comfort. You'll regret it whatever happens.
    I am dealing with the situation well and have already moved on from the whole thing. Really, I think I will stop trying to help her and instead help myself.

ReputationRep:
    I am dealing with the situation well and have already moved on from the whole thing. Really, I think I will stop trying to help her and instead help myself.
    Do whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is highly unlikely that she will come out with better grades as they were her final exams and from what I have heard she could not even complete the exams. I am not particularly sorry as I passed my A levels a long time ago and got into the university I wanted. Really it is her fault for not backing up her files.
    Yes okay she could have backed up her files, and you have no idea what she would have come out with, if it weren't for you she'd still have her files and I don't see why you couldn't have made a copy of her files before you wiped it

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't she have studied from the textbook and got almost as good a grade or as good a grade anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Yes okay she could have backed up her files, and you have no idea what she would have come out with, if it weren't for you she'd still have her files and I don't see why you couldn't have made a copy of her files before you wiped it
    Well there is no point worrying about it now. Maybe even had I not wiped the files, she would have done badly anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well there is no point worrying about it now. Maybe even had I not wiped the files, she would have done badly anyway.
    Maybe she would have done well, she'll never know because of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Couldn't she have studied from the textbook and got almost as good a grade or as good a grade anyway?
    That is what makes me think that the wiping of the files was not that bad. It is probably her own lazyness rather than anything I did that caused her to flunk the exam.

ReputationRep:
    That is what makes me think that the wiping of the files was not that bad. It is probably her own lazyness rather than anything I did that caused her to flunk the exam.
    I suppose I'm only looking at it from my point of view, as someone who just read the textbooks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.