Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finished a 3 year law degree at a good uni, AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not them. I suggest you don't try guessing as you're not getting anymore than that out of me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butter_god)
    Not them. I suggest you don't try guessing as you're not getting anymore than that out of me.
    I'm not trying to guess, just meant somewhere like that. I absolutely get not giving firm, God knows no one wants a magician turning up at their door, I generally admit to 'somewhere small and american/somewhere like skadden'.

You might want to edit out uni, if anyone who knows you from the firm saw it they might put it together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    I'm not trying to guess, just meant somewhere like that. I absolutely get not giving firm, God knows no one wants a magician turning up at their door, I generally admit to 'somewhere small and american/somewhere like skadden'.

You might want to edit out uni, if anyone who knows you from the firm saw it they might put it together.
    Actually, no. None are on TSR. Plus I don't have anything incriminating to hide.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Actually, no. None are on TSR. Plus I don't have anything incriminating to hide.
    Fair play, I just wouldn't fancy the risk of HR stalking around without a 'views are my own' disclaimer like twitter.

Is your TC 2015? Looking forward to LPC?

ReputationRep:
    No, applying for 2016 intake. I don't want to risk an LPC with no TC.

I doubt this account will do much for my chances/lack of chances. As I said, nothing incriminating or anything which will add up to misconduct in anyone's eyes.

ReputationRep:
    It's there on my profile.
    oh my bad
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, yeah if you're still applying probably less risk, I was thinking you had a TC and know some HRs have a look on TSR/RoF (probably more the latter) to see if any of their future trainees are misbehaving.

What was your favourite module? (Oddly, I liked Equity).

ReputationRep:
    Nombre- actually equity was my favourite.

Makes sense for HR to look at RoF especially- but this site is really harmless. I doubt you have company secrets spilt ect. Surely everyone has something online these days which they are not proud of- HR are people too.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Nombre- actually equity was my favourite.

Makes sense for HR to look at RoF especially- but this site is really harmless. I doubt you have company secrets spilt ect. Surely everyone has something online these days which they are not proud of- HR are people too.
    I think it's less secrets, not many future trainees will know where the bodies are buried, but saying negative things about the firm.

Think as just an applicant you're pretty safe, though I suppose if you start saying some really outrageous stuff, even as a personal opinion, they'd be wary,

ReputationRep:
    Every place I've worked at have had their pros and cons; but generally lovely. So no complaints there apart from the odd squabble about the thermostat or the swearing at the computer which doesn't want to work and is plotting revenge on the user.

ReputationRep:
    How did you revise for exams?
    How detailed were your notes?
    How much of hard work did you put in?
    Was it really hard?
    What advise would you give to a 1st year Law student?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.