Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    I actually really enjoyed the farm season, thought it was mostly okay. It's season 4 that I found really disappointing to be honest.

Darryl is such a badass!! Lets discuss Darryl! And Rick, what a badass sheriff
    Yh darryl is badass! I loved it when he was injured and basically dragged his own body up in season 2 when he was looking for sophia. And then cutting off the ears of the walkers was just crazy. Rick is adorable I think in season 1 he was a lot more badass than in season 2. In season 2 shane really took over from rick a bit and I hated shane

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that scene was EPIC!!! In the bar. I had no idea Rick had it in him!! When it comes to protecting his people and his family, Rick showed absolutely no hesitation. Also, LOL @ Dave when he said "You got cooz? I ain't had a piece of ass in weeks" while pissing against the wall, LOL. Then Tony was stupid enough to draw his weapon on Rick, poor guy.

Seriously though, the final episode of season 2 will blow you away completely, literally the best episode ever. You've been warned! Best to watch it in the middle of the night in a dark room with the volume turned all the way up
    Lol I know I couldn't believe rick when he did that. Shane is acting like such a brat in this season I really hate him, and Im really excited to finish the season now!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teddysmith123)
    Yh darryl is badass! I loved it when he was injured and basically dragged his own body up in season 2 when he was looking for sophia. And then cutting off the ears of the walkers was just crazy. Rick is adorable I think in season 1 he was a lot more badass than in season 2. In season 2 shane really took over from rick a bit and I hated shane

Posted from TSR Mobile
    alright, u definitely need to watch seasons 3 and 4 to see how Rick's character develops. Rick actually becomes a very dark character (lots of bad stuff happens to him). he goes through a massive change, he becomes dehumanised in a way. Completely different to the Rick that was trapped in the tank in the first episode of the series. If you thought darryl and shane were badass, you should see how Rick becomes later on, lol, I think the actor does a great job playing Rick.

ReputationRep:
    alright, u definitely need to watch seasons 3 and 4 to see how Rick's character develops. Rick actually becomes a very dark character (lots of bad stuff happens to him). he goes through a massive change, he becomes dehumanised in a way. Completely different to the Rick that was trapped in the tank in the first episode of the series. If you thought darryl and shane were badass, you should see how Rick becomes later on, lol, I think the actor does a great job playing Rick.
    Really I liked how rick kept his humanity through season 1 and 2 like risking his life for others and just being the hero but I guess it will be interesting to see a darker side of him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol I know I couldn't believe rick when he did that. Shane is acting like such a brat in this season I really hate him, and Im really excited to finish the season now!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dude...I think you're gonna be in for a huge shock. The final 2 episodes of season 2 are just so amazing and suspenseful, it's a shame the whole show isn't like that (maybe I'm asking for too much though). I personally loved shane!! He was intense, always causing trouble and sparking controversy, thought the character was brilliant (especially when he opened the barn and shot down all the walkers, that was an epic little scene). So yeah...final 2 episodes are absolutely amazing, best of the entire series in my opinion. Very pivotal.

ReputationRep:
    Dude...I think you're gonna be in for a huge shock. The final 2 episodes of season 2 are just so amazing and suspenseful, it's a shame the whole show isn't like that (maybe I'm asking for too much though). I personally loved shane!! He was intense, always causing trouble and sparking controversy, thought the character was brilliant (especially when he opened the barn and shot down all the walkers, that was an epic little scene). So yeah...final 2 episodes are absolutely amazing, best of the entire series in my opinion. Very pivotal.
    Ok cant wait, but I think I really started to hate shane after seeing how he sacrificed ottis. That was brutal and I kind of felt he was losing his mind this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok cant wait, but I think I really started to hate shane after seeing how he sacrificed ottis. That was brutal and I kind of felt he was losing his mind this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah...but think about it. I know it was a horrible thing to do, but otis was never going to make it out of there. either they both die, or shane sacrifices otis to slow down the walkers (as they'll be feeding on him) and enable him to escape with the supplies to save Carl's life. Now, I know that this doesn't justify killing someone (of course not)...but I don't know...if he hadn't done that, then both he and otis would have died, and so would have Carl probably. I hated shane for doing that, but in his mind, his intentions weren't selfish or evil. like i said, it does not justify what he did, but still, it makes you think...

and shane definitely lost his mind, big time! have u seen the scene where he's alone with Randall in the room, then he (shane) starts smacking his head and his face starts twitching in a really creepy way, I think that showed just how disturbed his mindset was.

ReputationRep:
    which episode are you on now?

ReputationRep:
    yeah...but think about it. I know it was a horrible thing to do, but otis was never going to make it out of there. either they both die, or shane sacrifices otis to slow down the walkers (as they'll be feeding on him) and enable him to escape with the supplies to save Carl's life. Now, I know that this doesn't justify killing someone (of course not)...but I don't know...if he hadn't done that, then both he and otis would have died, and so would have Carl probably. I hated shane for doing that, but in his mind, his intentions weren't selfish or evil. like i said, it does not justify what he did, but still, it makes you think...

and shane definitely lost his mind, big time! have u seen the scene where he's alone with Randall in the room, then he (shane) starts smacking his head and his face starts twitching in a really creepy way, I think that showed just how disturbed his mindset was.
    Yh exactly hes beginning to go crazy, but I guess if ur living in a world full of zombies going crazy would be logical! And yh I understood his intentions but Idk It was from that point I couldn't find him to be a redeemable character and all of his actions from then on seemed really bruitish and not at all like how he was before in season 1. Please tell me in the coming seasons they begin to think/find a cure???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    which episode are you on now?
    Just on the episode where rick kills dave in the bar and lori has had the accident

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just on the episode where rick kills dave in the bar and lori has had the accident

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg...then you are in for an absolute treat! The rest of the season is absolutely awesome. Next episode, you'll find out what happens next, it's a nice episode actually, although a bit slow. Then the next episdode, episode number 10 (called '18 Miles Out') is really epic, brilliant episode that one. This is a MAJOR episode because it develops Rick and Shane's relationship in a significant way which will have a huge impact later on, as you'll see. Then the final 2 episodes are just...amazing. The season finale is quite sad, but exciting at the same time, adrenaline-fueled edge of your seat kind of stuff.

Anyway, the thing is about the show, it's never been centred about trying to find a cure. It's about learning to cope and adapt with the new state of the world. That's what makes it interesting. Different people handle it differently. Shane lost his mind (and there's more coming!). Rick is going to go through a heck of a lot of changes, ups and downs, in the coming seasons, I thought it was brilliant what they did with Rick's character development.

ReputationRep:
    Omg...then you are in for an absolute treat! The rest of the season is absolutely awesome. Next episode, you'll find out what happens next, it's a nice episode actually, although a bit slow. Then the next episdode, episode number 10 (called '18 Miles Out') is really epic, brilliant episode that one. This is a MAJOR episode because it develops Rick and Shane's relationship in a significant way which will have a huge impact later on, as you'll see. Then the final 2 episodes are just...amazing. The season finale is quite sad, but exciting at the same time, adrenaline-fueled edge of your seat kind of stuff.

Anyway, the thing is about the show, it's never been centred about trying to find a cure. It's about learning to cope and adapt with the new state of the world. That's what makes it interesting. Different people handle it differently. Shane lost his mind (and there's more coming!). Rick is going to go through a heck of a lot of changes, ups and downs, in the coming seasons, I thought it was brilliant what they did with Rick's character development.
    The actors on this show are really good even the child actors! I understand what u mean about how finding the cure was not the premise of the show but they must be in search of a safe haven some where. I think if this were to happen the first thinh other than surviving would be to try nd find some way out I mean if they dont resources would replenish nd they couldn't survive! Do they ever go onto actually say how the zombies came to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The actors on this show are really good even the child actors! I understand what u mean about how finding the cure was not the premise of the show but they must be in search of a safe haven some where. I think if this were to happen the first thinh other than surviving would be to try nd find some way out I mean if they dont resources would replenish nd they couldn't survive! Do they ever go onto actually say how the zombies came to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope, they still have not managed to find a cure or to explain how the zombies came to be. After season 1 where we saw the doctor in the CDC explaining about the zombies, there hasn't been anything further to explain their origin or anything like that. At least i dont think so...

maybe eventually, they will find a cure or something. it will be interesting to see how they decide to end the show.

ReputationRep:
    I agree the ending of this show will be very interesting. I have a feeling rick may die or give the ultimate sacrifice so that carl will be able to have a semi normal life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ye its so badass. The throat bite in the second last episode was crazy. Love how that guy's character has developped. total badass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye its so badass. The throat bite in the second last episode was crazy. Love how that guy's character has developped. total badass.
    i don't even think darryl and michonne expected that, they seemed quite terrified and shocked as they looked on (that look on darryl's face, like this :gasp:)

ReputationRep:
    I don't like how some of the characters have 'developed'. Rick started out as a boss. Then went a bit mental. Then turned into a boss. Then went a bit mental. Then turned into a boss.

I just wish that they make the next season a bit more varied. First season was ridiculously good. The second season was spent almost on a farm, doing farm stuff, then leaving the farm. Third season was spent almost entirely in a prison, doing prison stuff and fighting against Lotso Huggin' Bear. Fourth season was still in a prison, then doing some stuff. Going for walks and what not.

Hopefully season five will have more substance to it. I'm pretty sure most people would think of going on a boat, going to some sort of island where zombies can't get to you and living in peace and quiet. But then there would be no point in making a TV programme about zombies if there were no zombies.

ReputationRep:
    i don't even think darryl and michonne expected that, they seemed quite terrified and shocked as they looked on (that look on darryl's face, like this :gasp:)
    yeeeee. And then the next morning when he calls darryl his brother.

And also the part in season 2 when Shane is shooting the zombies at the barn and he's shouting 'brother stop'. Just such awesome acting imo. Was sooooo cool to watch. And the part later on when he has that ultimatum with Shane. So intense.

Really love that guy's character. A good man in a bad world. But still knows how to take care of business.

Shane was one of my favourite characters as well tbh. Just good acting from that guy.

(trying to talk about the scenes without spoilers lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    I don't like how some of the characters have 'developed'. Rick started out as a boss. Then went a bit mental. Then turned into a boss. Then went a bit mental. Then turned into a boss.

I just wish that they make the next season a bit more varied. First season was ridiculously good. The second season was spent almost on a farm, doing farm stuff, then leaving the farm. Third season was spent almost entirely in a prison, doing prison stuff and fighting against Lotso Huggin' Bear. Fourth season was still in a prison, then doing some stuff. Going for walks and what not.

Hopefully season five will have more substance to it. I'm pretty sure most people would think of going on a boat, going to some sort of island where zombies can't get to you and living in peace and quiet. But then there would be no point in making a TV programme about zombies if there were no zombies.
    Ye i thought the whole plot around the governer kinda lame tbh. Went on for way too long and kinda unrealistic tbh. They're just ordinary people but they somehow kill ****loads of US marines.

ReputationRep:
    Really im nearly finishing season 2 and I think its really good! I love glenn he is really my favorite

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate how Glenn's character develops in season 3 and 4. He turns into a completely pussy whipped idiot. So annoying to watch. He gets really bratty and unreasonable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.