Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is doing Maths, Further maths, Chemistry, Physics too hard? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purpura)
    Just wondering
    hardest a level combination imo

ReputationRep:
    If you're good at those subjects, then no, of course it wouldn't be too hard.

Difficulty is completely subjective. Obviously people manage to do those subjects every year, with plenty of people getting good grades with that combination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam98x)
    maths, further maths and physics?
    seriously there is no need to have all three, i would drop physics and choose another subject to show your all rounded.
    universities prefer that.
    Absolute nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Absolute nonsense.
    Completely agree with you
    That poster speaking absolute rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Absolute nonsense.
    GEEZ GUYS I GET IT. IVE JUST FINISHED YEAR 11. i was just speaking from a point of view that i was given from my teachers. Anyone wanting to go into medical field should take bio,chem or if not chem then maths OR physics. So i assumed that in this case physics and maths is regarded the same and so there would be no point taking maths further maths and physics ontop of that but obviously OP wants to go into something other than medical i presume like engineering. So just ignore my previous post please.

ReputationRep:
    GEEZ GUYS I GET IT. IVE JUST FINISHED YEAR 11. i was just speaking from a point of view that i was given from my teachers. Anyone wanting to go into medical field should take bio,chem or if not chem then maths OR physics. So i assumed that in this case physics and maths is regarded the same and so there would be no point taking maths further maths and physics ontop of that but obviously OP wants to go into something other than medical i presume like engineering. So just ignore my previous post please.
    Yeah I understand, it's annoying when 5+ people tell you the same ****ing thing.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you really have no clue, do you? What do you mean 'if not Chem'? To get into any medical school in the country, you must have Chemistry. Always. Some don't mind whether you have Biology or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Yeah I understand, it's annoying when 5+ people tell you the same ****ing thing.

I know right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Wow, you really have no clue, do you? What do you mean 'if not Chem'? To get into any medical school in the country, you must have Chemistry. Always. Some don't mind whether you have Biology or not.
    I am not in any way interested in the medical field so therefore i dont care to be honest. But im 100% sure on this previous post i made because i was told it by my career advisor when i actually thought i gave a crap about going into medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you find them, really. If you find Maths hard in general, then you're going to have to be working a lot for them.

In my case, I did Physics, Chemistry,Biology and Maths. I find Physics and Maths to be very manageable as the math involved isn't too hard for me. Chemistry and Biology on the other hand are what take up most of my time. I haven't done A2 yet.

ReputationRep:
    I am not in any way interested in the medical field so therefore i dont care to be honest. But im 100% sure on this previous post i made because i was told it by my career advisor when i actually thought i gave a crap about going into medicine.
    Yeah, you're wrong. I really don't see why you're 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're wrong about the medicine thing as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you're wrong. I really don't see why you're 100% sure.
    And i really dont see why your so butthurt.

ReputationRep:
    And i really dont see why your so butthurt.
    :lol:
    Please go and learn the definition of butthurt.

Honestly Sam, I would refrain from giving any more advice. Pretty much everything you've said on here has been incorrect :rofl:

Edit: And your grammar is pretty ****. It's *you're

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgulmedic)
    OP, first of all, I cannot understand why your username is the name of a skin condition.

However, with respect to your choices, Maths, Further Maths and Physics have components in similar. If you chose the Mechanics module of Maths / Further maths instead of Statistics, it would serve very much in your favour. A lot of the topics in the Mechanics module and Physics overlap.

I do not think it is hard at all.
    Purpura is latin for purple

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I made my mind to pick these 4 A levels but drop chemistry in A2 if too hard. Thanks mates

ReputationRep:
    Purpura is latin for purple
    Purpura is also a skin problem which causes discolouration of the skin

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/purpuric-rashes

ReputationRep:
    Purpura is also a skin problem which causes discolouration of the skin

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/purpuric-rashes
    Damn, people must have thought 'what a weirdo'

ReputationRep:
    In my own personal experience studying English, History and Law is much harder! ????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn, people must have thought 'what a weirdo'
    Yeah, just a bit

(Original post by josh.m)
    In my own personal experience studying English, History and Law is much harder! ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you're telling me you studied English, History, Law, Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A-Level? :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.