Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bands you have seen so far in 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Good God the first one oh my that was hilarious xD

And yeah damn, I thought CC had really like burpy (is that what it's called?) vocals but them lot... Wow. I feel enlightened into true, true death metal and I definitely won't be converting to that :P
    :lol: Amazing!

Growls / Roars / Screams are words I'd describe metal vocals. I dunno if it's strictly death metal, but I don't really care. Don't blame you for not wanting to listen to it!

ReputationRep:
    Bipolar Sunshine, Jess Glynne, Scouting For Girls, Alexa Goddard, Neon Jungle, J.Cole, Outkast, John Newman, Ellie Goulding, Bruno Mars.

ReputationRep:
    City & colour
    A Day To Remember
    Various bands at Download fest (linkin park, the offspring, steel panther etc)
    Various bands at Sonisphere (iron maiden - also got to go to the backstage after party, sssllllaaaayyyyeerrrrrrrrr, the prodigy)

Seeing blink-182 in their London show & also going to leeds fest in August :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Twang,The Pogues, and The Libertines. Due to a combination of sheer stupidity and horrendous public transport I missed out on The Enemy and Maximo Park which was absolutely gutting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    The Twang.
    Nice! Don't see many Twang fans around. Where did you see them?

ReputationRep:
    this year? none worth mentioning
    over my lifetime? metallica, slayer, iron maiden, judas priest, megadeth, lamb of god, machine head, fear factory, I could go on...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I've seen anyone really famous.

I have, however, seen Gods of War several times. They're an extreme metal band from Liverpool and are getting reasonably well known in the North West metal scene. I'm also good friends with their guitarist as we go to the same university and have a lot of musical tastes in common.

I also saw Drones and Fighting Fiction in February who are apparently reasonably well known in the South East, both with nearly 3k 'likes' on facebook. They both play punk/pop punk (which I'm not at all into) but they were both really rather good at what they did and I enjoyed the night, despite only really coming out to see the first of the five bands that played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotoflies)
    Nice! Don't see many Twang fans around. Where did you see them?
    At Hyde Park Festival, can't say I'm a huge fan of them but I enjoyed their set, despite the horrendous crowd.

ReputationRep:
    At Hyde Park Festival, can't say I'm a huge fan of them but I enjoyed their set, despite the horrendous crowd.
    Haha what made the crowd horrendous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Don't think I've seen anyone really famous.

I have, however, seen Gods of War several times. They're an extreme metal band from Liverpool and are getting reasonably well known in the North West metal scene. I'm also good friends with their guitarist as we go to the same university and have a lot of musical tastes in common.

I also saw Drones and Fighting Fiction in February who are apparently reasonably well known in the South East, both with nearly 3k 'likes' on facebook. They both play punk/pop punk (which I'm not at all into) but they were both really rather good at what they did and I enjoyed the night, despite only really coming out to see the first of the five bands that played.
    Love Fighting Fiction! Unfortunately they have broken up now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotoflies)
    Haha what made the crowd horrendous?
    It was just completely dead, right by the stage looked class and people seemed to be having a good time but after that there was a crowd probably 25 people deep of people just stood there, blocking view of the stage and blocking access to the front. BST hadn't organised it too well so The Twang weren't particularly far off the ground so it was difficult to see them.

ReputationRep:
    One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer.

Loved it! I'm a mainstream white girl and proud, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was just completely dead, right by the stage looked class and people seemed to be having a good time but after that there was a crowd probably 25 people deep of people just stood there, blocking view of the stage and blocking access to the front. BST hadn't organised it too well so The Twang weren't particularly far off the ground so it was difficult to see them.
    Hate it when stages at festivals are low down so people further away can't see properly. I've only ever seen them in Birmingham (their home town) so the shows are always energetic and they get the crowd going, especially at the Christmas show.

ReputationRep:
    Beans on Toast
    Flogging Molly
    Frank Turner
    The Swiines
    Jake Bugg
    The Last Internationale
    Darlia
    The Enemy
    Maximo Park
    Spiritualized
    The Pogues
    The Libertines

ReputationRep:
    Only been to one festival this year - Optimus/Nos Alive in Lisbon so:

Ben Howard, Temples, The 1975, Imagine Dragons, Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Jamie XX;
    MGMT, The Black Keys, Au Revoir Simone, SBTRKT;
    Drenge, Bastille, Foster the People, The Libertines, A-Trak.

But, have got tickets for: The Killers (at the o2 academy Liverpool!), Pharrell, Crocodiles, Michael Buble (don't judge..) and Kasabian.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    None :eek:
    Its not like me. I usually at least go to a couple every year but I've either been too skint to this year or no bands I fancy going to see are playing.

The closest thing to a gig I have coming up is Lee Evans at The Hydro in October.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Today I booked tickets for The Fray in Glasgow next month so hurray, I'll finally have a gig to go to this year

ReputationRep:
    I've seen:
    Delain
    Within Temptation
    Neon fly
    Dragonforce
    Epica

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overall in 2014:

Beans on Toast
    Flogging Molly
    Frank Turner
    The Swiines
    Jake Bugg
    Hunting Helen
    Frankie Rudolf
    Suspect Alibi
    The Gorgeous Chans
    The Last Internationale
    Darlia
    The Enemy
    Maximo Park
    Spiritualized
    The Pogues
    The Libertines
    Band of Jackals
    God Damn
    Kagoule
    Thumpers
    Klaxons
    DMA's
    Courteeners
    The Voyeurs
    The Standard Lamps
    The Who
    Catfish and the Bottlemen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottle123)
    Title says it all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bombay bicycle club at Earls Court. I was literally blown away- haven't enjoyed myself that much in years.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.