The Student Room Group

Help needed please :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Andy98
The laptop isn't recognising the sound system. Could be that the connection is dodgy but try reinstalling the sound system (as mentioned) if that doesn't work Google "laptop doesn't recognise sound system" and take it from there. If it's the connection that's dodgy you'll have to take it to a repair shop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ikr how to reinstall it :frown:
Original post by Dinaa

As many people have said, you just need to uninstall the driver and simply do a refresh which will install it..

I would like for you to check your sound status on the taskbar.. Have some music playing when its not working and tell me if the speakers pick it up
Reply 22
Original post by Binary Freak
Try going into control panel > Device Manager, and look for (Audio input and outputs), try reinstalling it.. If that doesn't work

Start (Run) > Services.msc > Look for Windows Audio (Double click) > Startup type: Automatic (If this doesn't work either)

Then do a System Restore, to before the sound stopped working. It could be that audiodg.exe is corrupt or something.

If the first two solutions don't work, then feel free to send me a message, I'll have possible solutions which will be less time consuming than system restore.

Dina, this is how you reinstall it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make sure you actually double click on the Audio input output..

Sorry forgot to say

Original post by Dinaa
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
I feel super stupid.

One sec i'll double click this time..
Reply 25
Original post by Dinaa
I feel super stupid.

One sec i'll double click this time..

It's alright, you'll be surprised how many people forget to double click

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Andy98
It's alright, you'll be surprised how many people forget to double click

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make sure you actually double click on the Audio input output..

Sorry forgot to say

Aha! Yeah the options are here now :biggrin:

do i uninstall both the mic and speakers? or just the speakers?
Original post by Dinaa

Just the speakers
Reply 28
Original post by Dinaa

May as well do them both, won't do any harm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Just the speakers

Original post by Andy98
May as well do them both, won't do any harm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Done now what? :smile:
+ I only did the speaker cuz i don't want to break anything :lol:
Had the exact same problem in the past week! Did your computer update by any chance just before you started having the issues? That's all I can think of putting it down to. Tried everything and can't seem to find the solution. :nope::nope:
Reply 31
Original post by Dinaa
Done now what? :smile:
+ I only did the speaker cuz i don't want to break anything :lol:

Install them again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Andy98
Install them again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urm how? :colondollar:
Reply 33
Original post by Dinaa

Urmm my minds gone blank, I'll have a look on my PC in the morning (if Binary doesn't beat me to it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa

Sorry for the late response, I was checking something on my break-fix laptop.. Anyway

Highlight over the Audio Input/Output, if available, and then go over to the actions taskbar, and then scan for HWare changes.. Or you can restart the laptop

If this doesn't help, then I would like to ask if you have SP2 (Service Pack) installed?
Reply 35
Sorry for the late response, I was checking something on my break-fix laptop.. Anyway

Highlight over the Audio Input/Output, if available, and then go over to the actions taskbar, and then scan for HWare changes.. Or you can restart the laptop

If this doesn't help, then I would like to ask if you have SP2 (Service Pack) installed?

I scanned for Hware changed and the speakers came bk and the sound is working!! I hope the sound works forever though cuz if i restarted my laptop it would work before anyways..

Thank you so much!
Reply 36
Original post by Andy98
Urmm my minds gone blank, I'll have a look on my PC in the morning (if Binary doesn't beat me to it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your help
Original post by Dinaa
I scanned for Hware changed and the speakers came bk and the sound is working!! I hope the sound works forever though cuz if i restarted my laptop it would work before anyways..

Thank you so much!

The fix is most likely permanent

If the problem should reoccur, then feel free to quote me
Reply 38
Original post by Dinaa
Thanks for your help

No problem, just out of curiosity how old is the laptop and is it an i3 processor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Andy98
No problem, just out of curiosity how old is the laptop and is it an i3 processor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm idk its an Asus. Not that old :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending