Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you plasticllama!

An examples of questions? how difficult did you find them?

I've read focus more on getting them right rather than completing them in the time frame...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoko64)
    Thank you plasticllama!

An examples of questions? how difficult did you find them?

I've read focus more on getting them right rather than completing them in the time frame...
    There is a fine line between getting them right and completing them in the time frame, so it's quite a tough question to answer. The marking varies on different sections of the CBAT as to what you get more marks for so you can only do what you feel is best but obviously if you are spending quite a bit of time on one question it is best to make an educated guess and move on to the next.

As for examples, practice lots of SDT, there is a whole load of practice questions in the sticky section of this forum.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

let me know how it went when you get back and you are right, the wait is like a million years. Hopefully it should be good news when I get another and i will just have to prove to them that they made the right choice by offering me a career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teay)
    Hi

let me know how it went when you get back and you are right, the wait is like a million years. Hopefully it should be good news when I get another and i will just have to prove to them that they made the right choice by offering me a career.
    Thanks everyone.

Teay, have you done them recently?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did mine between the 15-17 Jun 14 and I have been out on a list for further consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. How did you find it?

What does 'further consideration' mean?

ReputationRep:

I believe it means, I have met the required grades and they are considering my application for IOT.

And it was a good experience, my final interview was grilling tho.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Teay)
    I believe it means, I have met the required grades and they are considering my application for IOT.

And it was a good experience, my final interview was grilling tho.
    They generally refer to it as the 'sift'.

If they have 100 people going through selection for Pilot between June - August and say 20 of these pass OASC. They will wait until the end of that time period say August and pick the strongest candidates from that 20 to go through.

It's a bit of a brutal time, it means you have met the standard but competition is very high for many roles in the RAF and they can afford to pick the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaTango)

If they have 100 people going through selection for Pilot between June - August and say 20 of these pass OASC. They will wait until the end of that time period say August and pick the strongest candidates from that 20 to go through.

It's a bit of a brutal time, it means you have met the standard but competition is very high for many roles in the RAF and they can afford to pick the best.

(Original post by AlphaTango)

I shall inbox you. You seem to be quite knowledgable in this dept. Have you been through the process yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teay)
    Yes, I did mine between the 15-17 Jun 14 and I have been out on a list for further consideration.
    Most people put into a SIFT eventually get accepted, it just might mean you miss the next IOT date you were boarded for. Not a guarantee you'll be accepted, it doesn't tend to work that way for pilots, but it's not awful news to be sifted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. So after 2 agonising weeks I received my letter saying I have been put for further consideration (or sift as one member here pointed out)

You guys who were previously on sift, have you heard back? Was the result positive or negative and do you happen to know your boarding score ( I was expecting that to be in the letter, but it wasn't)

It would be good to hear from y'all

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am currently on the sift and I am still waiting to hear something. However I do know someone who was on the sift and he only just got selected. I know it can be frustrating but hopefully you will hear good news. Send me a private message.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.