Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was / is your parents sex life visible to you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was aware of their sex life when I lived at home, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Saw at both on pills in my mum's drawer this morning and also once came upon condom-cant rember if it was used or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't really visible but there was one occasion when I heard an odd creaking coming from my parent's room at night, and didn't know what it was.

And when I grew up I realised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LakAnne)
    Saw at both on pills in my mum's drawer this morning and also once came upon condom-cant rember if it was used or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was out visiting a pretty little village recently. It was surrounded by mountains, had a lovely stream running through it, cool little shops, nice houses, and then I got to the bowling green...

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...and saw a used condom with a tampon in it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -=|Jay|=-)
    I was aware of their sex life when I lived at home, yes.
    Sexy

ReputationRep:
    Heard it once, due to thin walls, and have since gone out of my way to develop severe tinnitus as to never hear it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    I've never seen my parents being intimate before nor did we have 'the talk'. I often wonder if my parents know that I'm attracted to boys. I think they envisage as an innocent 6 year old girl.:rolleyes:
    I totally agree with what you say here. I feel as if I'm treated like a little girl (yet I'm nearly 23), it's like they are oblivious to the fact!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thank God no, I've accepted they had it at least twice but don't want to think about it beyond that.

ReputationRep:
    its invisible thankfully!!

ReputationRep:
    I wear earplugs every night and make sure i'm not in the house on Sunday mornings

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger kinda knew because I used to hear the bed creaking (wore headphones and develop a liking for heavy metal to avoid hearing stuff) also found condoms and I knew my mum was on the pill.

Recently though my mum started talking about her sex life. I think she realised that i'm having sex myself so she can maybe talk to me. It was a weird conversation especially as she didn't really do the whole birds and the bees chat with me when I was a teenager. It was also very traumatic for me lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Completely invisible, never even seem them kiss or cuddle, I think only the occasional hugs when they were going somewhere etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania<3)
    It wasn't really visible but there was one occasion when I heard an odd creaking coming from my parent's room at night, and didn't know what it was.

And when I grew up I realised.

(Original post by donutaud15)
    When I was younger kinda knew because I used to hear the bed creaking (wore headphones and develop a liking for heavy metal to avoid hearing stuff) also found condoms and I knew my mum was on the pill.

Recently though my mum started talking about her sex life. I think she realised that i'm having sex myself so she can maybe talk to me. It was a weird conversation especially as she didn't really do the whole birds and the bees chat with me when I was a teenager. It was also very traumatic for me lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scarred, if I may say that's kind of disgusting imo whilst the kids(you) are in the house.

ReputationRep:
    Parents have sex?
    I've never seen this before. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Scarred, if I may say that's kind of disgusting imo whilst the kids(you) are in the house.
    It is but can't really blame them. Would have ruined their relationship if they didn't have sex and I barely left the house as a teenager (except for school)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well one is dead, was cremated and his ashes scattered. I would applaud anyone with the necessary dedication, creativity and magical powers to fashion something capable of sex out of his remains - free as they are on the winds of his homeland, beneath the skies of his fathers.

As for history, I heard my mother having sex with her partner once or twice. Can't say I cared very much. She didn't care about me having sex either so it was all good.

ReputationRep:
    It is but can't really blame them. Would have ruined their relationship if they didn't have sex and I barely left the house as a teenager (except for school)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mind me asking if you are Caucasian?

Also how so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Do you mind me asking if you are Caucasian?

Also how so?
    No I'm mixed race.

What do you mean how so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought parents stopped having sex when the mistake pops out 9 months later?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm mixed race.

What do you mean how so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How would it have ruined the relationship>?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.