Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask me whatever Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths learner)
    I work for a hedge fund .
    i see, what course/uni did you study/go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    i see, what course/uni did you study/go to?
    went to Imperial and did maths

ReputationRep:
    went to Imperial and did maths
    oh shet, pretty impressive good on you. My insurance is Imperial and I wunna study civil engineering. I also may want to get into banking, do I have a decent enough chance against the Maths nerds (such as urself lol) and any tips?

ReputationRep:
    oh shet, pretty impressive good on you. My insurance is Imperial and I wunna study civil engineering. I also may want to get into banking, do I have a decent enough chance against the Maths nerds (such as urself lol) and any tips?
    Everyone thought i was crazy aha. I turned down Cam for imperial for my undergrad. But did my masters at Cam. (I prefered Imperial for networking in my undergraduate studies). yeah you have a chance. You make your own luck. Depends what area you want to go into?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone thought i was crazy aha. I turned down Cam for imperial for my undergrad. But did my masters at Cam. (I prefered Imperial for networking in my undergraduate studies). yeah you have a chance. You make your own luck. Depends what area you want to go into?
    haha my firm in cambridge and i seriously don't wunna go there, i only firmed it cos my parents forced me to

idk what area specifically, just wunna make a lot of money so im guessing IB. do you earn a lot?

ReputationRep:
    haha my firm in cambridge and i seriously don't wunna go there, i only firmed it cos my parents forced me to

idk what area specifically, just wunna make a lot of money so im guessing IB. do you earn a lot?
    aha, yeah I think Cambridge is much better after undergraduate particularly for finance. If you want to make money then definately not IB. It's crap now. I do alright yeah (obviously not going to openly say my annual salary). As for tips, I'd say learn about the industry, and the things interviews want to hear and don't want to hear. You need to find a way to differentiate yourself from the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was fun...

ReputationRep:
    Well that was fun...
    Do you think if you had no self-restraint and an ego comparable to that of these kids below, you could/want to outdo them?

richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com

And how do you feel about them and those images.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fact)
    Do you think if you had no self-restraint and an ego comparable to that of these kids below, you could/want to outdo them?

richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com

And how do you feel about them and those images.
    Probably. I think if you work in this type of industry generally you always want to win. Meh seen so many of those types of images doesn't really do anything for me anymore. They aren't too representative of what its really like, although some things are more than others.

ReputationRep:
    I thought so. Why does it irritate some people though? Like I've seen people who only follow them just to express hate, it makes no sense.

What is your favourite colour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fact)
    I thought so. Why does it irritate some people though? Like I've seen people who only follow them just to express hate, it makes no sense.

What is your favourite colour?
    Probably jealous they could never get into the industry. My favourite colour is light grey aha.

ReputationRep:
    can you give me some $ through paypal? going through a tough spell.

ReputationRep:
    Explain to me how you would solve problems of Mexico vs gaza vs Isis vs africa vs south america vs Europe vs the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rivertosea)
    Explain to me how you would solve problems of Mexico vs gaza vs Isis vs africa vs south america vs Europe vs the world
    I'd be too busy buying oil and making stupid amounts of money to do that xD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.