Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happens if you DON'T continue education after 16? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well you go on the dole and then get a job (or not).

ReputationRep:
    You get free funding from the council to get qualifications for your laziness. If you get a degree however you can kiss any genuine skills training goodbye.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I'm her parents might get into trouble with the government for allowing that. (Unless she has a medical condition?) It is very lazy what she is thinking of doing.
    It's less likely that people, without higher qualifications, will get jobs, become internet sensations or become millionaires. Sorry to be harsh but she might want to invest in a mop...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be blunt but you might as well immigrate to a country that has no laws on further education because you have to be in education until your 18. Enjoy the fines from the police and let your mum know she will attend court half a dozen times including massive fine bills and jail sentences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunni098)
    I don't want to be blunt but you might as well immigrate to a country that has no laws on further education because you have to be in education until your 18. Enjoy the fines from the police and let your mum know she will attend court half a dozen times including massive fine bills and jail sentences.
    Read the OP. I'm talking about a friend, not me. But yeah what she's doing is so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRaii)
    Binman Wasteman.
    Fixed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Read the OP. I'm talking about a friend, not me. But yeah what she's doing is so stupid.
    Oh okay well sucks to be her xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagning)
    Fixed
    LOL

She is a wasteman so.

ReputationRep:
    you smoke weed erryday and live life without a job and claiming you're looking for one.

ReputationRep:
    This is my question too as I started college in September this year, I am 16 and I'm doing childhood studies level 2. I picked this course considering I thought I would enjoy it and I would be good but I don't and I'm not! I haven't managed to complete my assignments which are all too much for me and it's making me feel like ****. I would much rather get a full time job (I have just started a new job just to put that out there) and start my life already because looking after children isn't what I want to do with my life I just want a good job and a family!! I don't know what to do anymore it's just making me upset because I have to get up and waste my life in college not even learning as I can't even concentrate for over 15-20mins😫😫
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You end up working in McD's for the rest of your days

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.