Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Films that really scared you when you were small. Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Didn't really scare me, just found it really creepy: Edward Scissorhands

ReputationRep:
    When I was 2, I cried so hard at Watership Down.
    To be honest I still have a hard time watching it now

Also, I went to Alton Towers when I was 8, went on Hex and the video they showed gave me nightmares for a few weeks. I went back there recently and the video made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Spirited Away. This film was weird as ****. I never liked it
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

**** that.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be SO scared of the penguin in Wallace & Gromit - The Wrong Trousers. I used to have nightmares about it and he still creeps me out a bit now, even though penguins are my favourite animal...
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    When I was 2, I cried so hard at Watership Down.
    Right in the feels. I had pet rabbits too - I miss Zoe, my beautiful white rabbit.

Be right back, need to drink to forget the pain.

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    The Candyman! Watched it around 5/6 and somehow knew to this day that i was eating a snickers bar at the time of watching it and that was over a decade ago. Show's how traumatised i was. Would have nightmares for years and could never go in to the bathroom in the dark as i thought someone would jump out of the mirror and get me.

ReputationRep:
    Chucky!

ReputationRep:
    Chicly clearly. Also, the music video for Viva Forever by the Spice Girls. The way those puppet fairies put the boy into the Rubix cube have me nightmares for a week!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This film about piranhas. I was about six or seven, and for several months after I watched not even the entire film, I had to sleep with the lights on and with my parents in the room until I fell asleep. I still remember how horrifyingly shocked and scared I was by the gruesome scenes...

ReputationRep:
    Jeepers Creepers 2 (probably 2).
    This monster called the Creeper ripped off people's head in a school bus and used them as his own.
    The final scene is of the Creeper caught and hung up in front of the barn after many years looking dead. The film ended when it suddenly opened its eyes.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortitude)
    Didn't really scare me, just found it really creepy: Edward Scissorhands
    I mean the surname "scissorhands" doesn't sound too appealing either! :0
    (Original post by ByronicHero)

**** that.
    (Original post by narcotica)
    Jeepers Creepers 2 (probably 2).
    This monster called the Creeper ripped off people's head in a school bus and used them as his own.
    The final scene is of the Creeper caight and hung up in front of the barn after many years looking dead. The film ended when it suddenly opened its eyes.
    Thank you two for potentially giving me nightmares! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I mean the surname "scissorhands" doesn't sound too appealing either! :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My sincerest apologies, you must now exist in some cooler corner of the hell that was my childhood - punctuated as it was by my mother deciding that all time were appropriate times to watch horror movies. It is a wonder I've not murdered more people really.

ReputationRep:
    These hooligans still scare me today

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    My sincerest apologies, you must now exist in some cooler corner of the hell that was my childhood - punctuated as it was by my mother deciding that all time were appropriate times to watch horror movies. It is a wonder I've not murdered more people really.
    Well I can understand your pain

(Is this sarcastic or...?) :confused::mmm:
    (Original post by cdude)
    These hooligans still scare me today

Haha, aww really? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Us three? Forget nightmares, I couldn't go to the toilet by myself as soon as it became slightly dark outside.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Well I can understand your pain

(Is this sarcastic or...?) :confused::mmm:

Haha, aww really? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only kill for sport, not because of any personality defects I may possess as the consequence of seeing human beings eviscerated with hooks, their insides used as ornaments and their lips and teeth fashioned into costume jewellery (the greater horror of these films surely being the crimes against fashion) :hand:

I may, in fact, be broken.

ReputationRep:
    Not a film, but goosebumps. Specifically, the one where the mask attaches itself to the girl *shudder*
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    Us three? Forget nightmares, I couldn't go to the toilet by myself as soon as it became slightly dark outside.
    :five:

Aww
    I only kill for sport, not because of any personality defects I may possess as the consequence of seeing human beings eviscerated with hooks, their insides used as ornaments and their lips and teeth fashioned into costume jewellery (the greater horror of these films surely being the crimes against fashion) :hand:

I may, in fact, be broken.
    Erm okay. You sound very poetic

I'm sure your not :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Hills have Eyes

A real filthy film, not scary by any means, just constant rape scenes by mutated freaks.

Turned it off 40 mins through!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.