Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have friends (significantly) older/younger than you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Nearly all my friends range from 16-19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    No. I'm a sad pathetic loner and I'll never have any friends.
    Me too! I don't think it's sad and pathetic though.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DouglasAdams)
    Seeing as you are one of the few who actually seems to have a younger friend (as opposed to a significantly older), do people find that weird or not particularly?
    Well the lowest and highest ones are online. I've known the one who is 40 for about 6 years and speak daily. The youngest I have only known for a few months as a result of helping them build their new computer. Within the group of us online we are all fine with the age differences.

In real life one of my friends went out with someone who was 4 years younger. Everyone called him a peso and stuff. I don't see the problem. Though. My average friend age is about 2 years older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Well the lowest and highest ones are online. I've known the one who is 40 for about 6 years and speak daily. The youngest I have only known for a few months as a result of helping them build their new computer. Within the group of us online we are all fine with the age differences.

In real life one of my friends went out with someone who was 4 years younger. Everyone called him a peso and stuff. I don't see the problem. Though. My average friend age is about 2 years older.
    I find you often meet the biggest age differences online, seeing as age is often not the first thing you ask about. Therefore you often end up making a connection before knowing age, really proving that age is but a number.

Going out with is a bit different, but would you say having a friend 5 or 10 years younger is strange?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I find you often meet the biggest age differences online, seeing as age is often not the first thing you ask about. Therefore you often end up making a connection before knowing age, really proving that age is but a number.

Going out with is a bit different, but would you say having a friend 5 or 10 years younger is strange?
    Friends would be a bit strange. Relationship is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Friends would be a bit strange. Relationship is fine.
    But don't you have friends significantly older than you? Is it strange for them?

ReputationRep:
    A bit like marriage, it appears to me that as one gets older (from people who I know) age difference in friends makes a lot less difference to them.

So how big an age gap is there between you and your friend (and what age are you)? And feel free to add anything else, like whether you think the relationship is weirder or perhaps more special.
    hmm im young for my year so bar one mate its mainly older lads from my school crew

in college its all older people again

work only

yep pretty much always older:P

prefer to have more younger friends..as younger gurls more datable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.