Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaCross)
    Awesome, finally found a flat mate! I'm in room C
    This is awesome! I'm so glad I'm sharing with someone doing Arch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasminMary)
    This is awesome! I'm so glad I'm sharing with someone doing Arch
    It really is! Been trying to find flat mates on facebook in the Purbeck accommodation group and had no luck. Same here, really glad I'm sharing with someone on the exact same course

ReputationRep:
    The pre arirals activities link is now up on the Bu website, looks like we will be going to some pre-historic site. Maiden castle, Badbury rings and Maumbury ring to be specific.
    Anyone heard of any of these before?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and it has our first piece of coursework to 500 words max. on your expectations for each year of the course

And I thought it was meant to be summer...

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like the pre arrival activity related to the trips, have no idea what to write! I've heard of Maiden castle, its supposed to be the largest iron age hillfort. Never heard of the others though! Was hoping we would just get some reading to do or something as its summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am hoping to study BSc archaeology at Bournemouth University in September and was wondering if anyone was doing the same course as I know its not the most popular choice!

Also can't decide on Dorchester or Purbeck for accommodation as need 42 weeks because of the placement dig at the end of first year. Does anybody who already goes Bournemouth know which ones better?

Thanks
    Natasha
    Hi,

I'm due to start biological anthropology MSc at Bournemouth. Just had my offer. We'll probably be sharing some lectures. Do you know what freshers events will be going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    Hi,

I'm due to start biological anthropology MSc at Bournemouth. Just had my offer. We'll probably be sharing some lectures. Do you know what freshers events will be going on?
    Awesome congrats! sorry for the delayed response btw, yep here's the events guide (hope link works!) for all the official union events, I purchased the gold event pack as it seems the best deal!
    http://issuu.com/subu01/docs/final_e...471842/8899500

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awesome congrats! sorry for the delayed response btw, yep here's the events guide (hope link works!) for all the official union events, I purchased the gold event pack as it seems the best deal!
    http://issuu.com/subu01/docs/final_e...471842/8899500

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I had to decline the offer unfortunately because of costs for fees and accomodation and everything. I know bournemouth as a town though and its lovely. I've gotten onto a much cheaper msc (although bournemouth isn't that expensive).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    Hi, I had to decline the offer unfortunately because of costs for fees and accomodation and everything. I know bournemouth as a town though and its lovely. I've gotten onto a much cheaper msc (although bournemouth isn't that expensive).
    Ah fair enough, good luck with your new course.. Hope you enjoy it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So how everyone doing so far? Did you guys enrolled today and have you seen a timetable yet or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfhooper)
    So how everyone doing so far? Did you guys enrolled today and have you seen a timetable yet or anything?
    Yep enrolled today, in Group A for seminars. What about you? In my flat theres a group of 6 girls all living together in Purbeck B013 doing archaeology which halls are you in? Yeah seen the timetable, so many induction activities!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep enrolled today, in Group A for seminars. What about you? In my flat theres a group of 6 girls all living together in Purbeck B013 doing archaeology which halls are you in? Yeah seen the timetable, so many induction activities!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Group A as well, where did you see the timetable?
    I'm not in hall some mess up during the application process, I'm staying in a house about 15 minutes from campus with 4 other first years

ReputationRep:
    Group A as well, where did you see the timetable?
    I'm not in hall some mess up during the application process, I'm staying in a house about 15 minutes from campus with 4 other first years
    Ah awesome! The timetable is on https://timetable.bournemouth.ac.uk hope that works anyway! if it doesn't will send you the times for the BSc, our timetables are different every week. We have three things tomorrow! Ah that sucks, at least you managed to get a house though are you going to any of the fresher's events?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, do you think we need to go to all those tomorrow? The first and last one look like the same thing. And yep going to to the old fire station tonight for the back 2 school event and will going to other stuff later in the week. What are you going to? Maybe we could meet up

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, do you think we need to go to all those tomorrow? The first and last one look like the same thing. And yep going to to the old fire station tonight for the back 2 school event and will going to other stuff later in the week. What are you going to? Maybe we could meet up
    We are all going to the first one at 10 and then asking if they are all compulsory. Hope we don't have to go all of them! Yep we are all going to old fire station potentially tonight and then to different events in week as we have the subu wristband. we are also thinking of maybe buying tickets for the icebreaker, cameo neon glow rave and FML. Yeah we could

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We all have subu wrist bands too, so will be going to quite a few things at the old fire station. Halo looks good it's in a old church. If you want to meet pm m it's easier than this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.