Why don't warnings/cards give you the name of the mods? Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    This happens sometimes on TSR as you see some posts are last edited by a mod and it has a description like 'swear filter avoidance' or 'removing insults' as a reason for its edit.
    Yeah but on the forum I mentioned, the mods often edit the post in big red letters. Kinda like this:

Spoiler:
    Show
    This user has been banned for this post - (Read the whole article next time -- verynicelady)

There's even an Event log which allows you to look at users' bans and find out really why they were banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)

There's even an Event log which allows you to look at users' bans and find out really why they were banned.

And any user can view the event log?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    And any user can view the event log?
    Yep. I'm a newbie on that site and you can view every thread closure/thread binning/thread archive/ban/perma-ban on the site. On one hand, it embarrasses users. On the other hand, they have strict rules and you can see what you can post and what you cannot post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    Yep. I'm a newbie on that site and you can view every thread closure/thread binning/thread archive/ban/perma-ban on the site. On one hand, it embarrasses users. On the other hand, they have strict rules and you can see what you can post and what you cannot post.
    I suppose embarrassment is not always a bad thing. It might act as a deterrent for some of the trolls/spammers.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a warning or card yet
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I suppose embarrassment is not always a bad thing. It might act as a deterrent for some of the trolls/spammers.
    Could be

But I don't think TSR would take this approach.

ReputationRep:
    Usually the moderators take the liberty in making modifications to your post.. It's what happened to me anyway.

I wasn't fussed about the card itself, however it was quite pointless to modify my post since anyone can easily view the contents of the old version anyway.

I'm still in complete disagreement with it.

I do have a strong opinion in regards to the moderator that followed it up, but I think I'll keep those to myself.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Usually the moderators take the liberty in making modifications to your post.. It's what happened to me anyway.

I wasn't fussed about the card itself, however it was quite pointless to modify my post since anyone can easily view the contents of the old version anyway.
    Only the person making the post and the mod team can see the previous versions of edited posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The vampire)
    I haven't got a warning or card yet
    Murphy's law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Only the person making the post and the mod team can see the previous versions of edited posts.
    Never noticed that.

Might make a query about my warning/yellow card tomorrow. I find it highly annoying how someone can post something equally insensitive and them not even be warned about it. (Equally insensitive in my view anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    Well?
    some of the warning/cards are absolutely ridiculous and quite frankly stupid.

Clearly a couple of mods may have an agenda so users deserve the right to know if they are being singled out.

100% true. I have received a warning because I posted at some sort of Israel/Gaza conflict thread that I can't kill anyone. So does it mean that admin/mod wants me to kill people? LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Because then the mods won't be able to do their nasty work without repercussion.
    This.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Never noticed that.

Might make a query about my warning/yellow card tomorrow. I find it highly annoying how someone can post something equally insensitive and them not even be warned about it. (Equally insensitive in my view anyway).
    Just report the post and we'll deal with it. We can't read everything that's posted on the site.

ReputationRep:
    The mods are out to get us

They know something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    The mods are out to get us

They know something

Spoiler:
    Show
    But seriously, we know a lot. :pierre:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.