Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He likes me, he has a girlfriend Watch

(Original post by Danni_)
    Not only does she deserve better but the OP does too. If he is wiling to pursue you while he is in a relationship with someone else, he could do it to you if you guys were in a relationship.
    Agreed. I would never start a relationship with a guy in these circumstances. History repeats itself.

ReputationRep:
    Don't go there, what he has done to he has girlfriend, he will do to you when he gets bored.

(Original post by pinejuice)
    hes not worth it. he would've left her and went with you. you deserve better
    I don't want him either way lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have tried to keep my distance which is hard since we work together. I talk to him at work as you do, then we occasionally talk outside work via text like I do with a lot of colleagues. He is a nice guy don't get me wrong, however he makes me feel uncomfortable at times.

I ran into him today and I waved hello. Shortly after he texted me asking why I didn't seem happy today and I had a rant about work and joked about becoming a housewife and he said 'don't worry we'll be married by the time you're 25'. I pointed out that he already has a wife and he said I'm his wife at work (awkward). Anyway so he started sending me all these emoji's for couples and weddings, so I mentioned his girlfriend again.

He mentioned us having a similar convo before, well last summer he told me had feelings for me and I turned him down. Why you ask? I don't like him like that and he has a girlfriend!! In February he asked me on a date and I said no yet again.

Anyway in his last message he said ' Just know its all about you, no matter if I'm in a relationship or not, my hearts in the palm of your hands.. if you ever need a shoulder to cry on you know where I am" -__- then he ends with 'I know where I stand.

I mean I've told the guy so many times, he doesn't seem to care that I don't care for him like that.. Nor does he respect his girlfriend! So what's a girl to do?
    Just cut contact. This guy is disrespectful. Who does that? You dont need this in ur life

ReputationRep:
    Some men are frustratingly persistent: three quarters of the time they don't get the hint, and one quarter they do but decide to ignore it.

The next time he makes a move you should tell him in no uncertain terms that if he does it again, you won't speak to him. Don't mention his girlfriend as that gives him an excuse to play the 'if she wasn't here, would you?' card - make it about the fact that you don't actually like him like that.

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    Unless you've misrepresented him, he definitely isn't, he keeps pursueing you even though you've rejected him and made it clear you aren't interested, and he's clearly using his girlfriend as a back up. I assume you mean by "nice guy" he isn't outwardly rude or aggressive? Because I don't see how else you could view this as "nice" behaviour.
    I can see when you are coming from. I kinda like to see the best in people and I hang onto an ounce a good that may not even be there. I need to get out of this habit.
    • TSR Support Team

My colleague questioned why he flirts openly when he has a girlfriend. His answer was "My girlfriend knew what I was like before we got together".
    Doesn't matter, the fact is he is being wrong by trying to chase you when he is already taken, if he is that interested in you then why doesn't he just dump his girlfriend.

(Original post by Eveiebaby)
    He sounds like a greasy sleazebag. What I don't get about men like that is how they can't see that being all sneaky and snakelike behind his girlfriends' back - how does that inspire trust and likability in the othr women he is inappropriately flirting and giving empty promises to. The guy is a joke - I don't even think he deserves your manners and sensitivity.

Shoot from the hip, girl!
    Haha my thoughts exactly. I don't know why he thinks he would appeal to me. I don't want to start a relationship on these grounds.

Well yesterday I said hi and left if like that. He tried to get my attention and my response was " sorry I wasn't listening' then I walked off. I didn't make any eye contact when we crossed paths either.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Doesn't matter, the fact is he is being wrong by trying to chase you when he is already taken, if he is that interested in you then why doesn't he just dump his girlfriend.
    Lol I'm not justifying his actions. It just shows that he really doesn't care which is out of order. He should have some respect for his girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I have to disagree when you say it doesn't matter. I think that makes it so much worse. If someone's a flirt before they get into a relationship, that isn't a license to be a flirt and an unfaithful partner after he is in one. Saying "My girlfriend knew what I was like before we got together" is like claiming that it's her fault if she gets hurt because she should have expected him to cheat.
    That said, I only actually disagree with the first two words of the quoted post :P

The guy sounds like an utter wang, OP should tell his girlfriend, tell everyone and then say "I just thought everyone else should also know what you're like before you try to get together with them."

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Some men are frustratingly persistent: three quarters of the time they don't get the hint, and one quarter they do but decide to ignore it.

The next time he makes a move you should tell him in no uncertain terms that if he does it again, you won't speak to him. Don't mention his girlfriend as that gives him an excuse to play the 'if she wasn't here, would you?' card - make it about the fact that you don't actually like him like that.
    Thanks. Sounds like a plan before I was worried about hurting his feelings. But honestly he is becoming a pain in the arse. It needs to be done.
    • TSR Support Team

Lol I'm not justifying his actions. It just shows that he really doesn't care which is out of order. He should have some respect for his girlfriend.

(Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    I have to disagree when you say it doesn't matter. I think that makes it so much worse. If someone's a flirt before they get into a relationship, that isn't a license to be a flirt and an unfaithful partner after he is in one. Saying "My girlfriend knew what I was like before we got together" is like claiming that it's her fault if she gets hurt because she should have expected him to cheat.
    That said, I only actually disagree with the first two words of the quoted post :P

The guy sounds like an utter wang, OP should tell his girlfriend, tell everyone and then say "I just thought everyone else should also know what you're like before you try to get together with them."
    Yeah exactly the bottom line is, he is showing no respect for his girlfriend.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Omg he sounds like a creep. I would send screenshots of your texts from him to his girlfriend. She deserves to know what is going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He won't be faithful when he is with you, he might have eyes for another girl like he does now...

(Original post by Yasmin25)
    Omg he sounds like a creep. I would send screenshots of your texts from him to his girlfriend. She deserves to know what is going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite a people have said this. However I don't have her number. Creepy is what I used to call him when he first started hitting on me. Then I thought I was exaggerating the whole thing, but in actual fact he is. He sometimes mentions staring at me when I'm not looking and I tell him he's a weirdo.

(Original post by Mr...)
    He won't be faithful when he is with you, he might have eyes for another girl like he does now...
    '...When he is with you' Erm he's not my cup of tea nor do I put myself in these kind of situations. Karma is a ***** and it isn't worth it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    '...When he is with you' Erm he's not my cup of tea nor do I put myself in these kind of situations. Karma is a ***** and it isn't worth it.
    http://cdn3.pitchfork.com/news/55043/20854a7c.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    Sounds like he wants a relationship with you but is hanging on to his girlfriend as a back up plan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's important to have a contingency plan..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.