Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Thor is a woman, it's a great day for feminism. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    That picture is a photoshop btw. :lol: You can see it around the edges but it gives you an idea.

What do you think of the new captain america being black???

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...a-black-falcon
    ye doesn't make sense if they're setting it in the past with it all steam punky.

Would make more sense in present day though. Seeing as their president is black.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really work , she screams fragile.

ReputationRep:
    What she should do is dress up as Freya and attend a Giant's wedding...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    a sidekick to thor is the vice-lead character and that's the second best thing in the series as far as this goes; thor is an effin' tough-ass manly man. this is like making hulk hogan into a woman, or making sasha grey into a dude - you can't just flip these kinds of switches...I'm not implying that women shouldn't be super heroes at all, I'm saying that *thor* is not a woman for god's sake and making him into one is radically ridiculous
    Thor can be whatever the creators want it to be because it's a fictional character.

ReputationRep:
    Women and hammers don't normally go together well

Spoiler:
    Show

/jk before feminists rage at this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sidekick, second best? Don't hold back
    if we're talking about THOR, as in an already established character, having a companion, then what else are you wanting? there's nothing wrong with female sidekicks and there's nothing wrong with male sidekicks to female super heroes - I'm not saying what you're wanting me to say at all; I'm not a sexist in the slightest, I just know when something is a bull**** feminist stunt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    Thor can be whatever the creators want it to be because it's a fictional character.
    Except that the 'creators' of Thor are either the ancient Nords, or the Old Gods (depending on who you believe). They're not really around to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    surely you're not implying that I have the physical means to force the creators into doing what I want? then what are you even suggesting here? that I can't even comment or voice an opinion? why are we even discussing this in a thread then?

ReputationRep:
    I hope they make The Hulk into a midget.. sorry little person... who upon becoming enraged grows to a colossal height of 5'9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    They're just trying to get attention. No one gives a **** and they'll go with the older characters for movies who make the most $$$$$$$$$
    Basically this. It's a ****ing embarrassment that they announced it on The View. The complete opposite of their usual target audience. It couldn't have been more of a PR stunt if they'd tried.

Give it a year or two and it will be like this never happened.

ReputationRep:
    Following on from this trend I suppose we'll have Wonderman and Catman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arithmeticae)
    Women and hammers don't normally go together well

Spoiler:
    Show

/jk before feminists rage at this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ye doesn't make sense really. A woman of that size would barely be able to lift that kind of hammer. It's like Japanese video games where they have skinny women with huge boobs holding swords twice their size with one hand lel.

She's hot though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Basically this. It's a ****ing embarrassment that they announced it on The View. The complete opposite of their usual target audience. It couldn't have been more of a PR stunt if they'd tried.

Give it a year or two and it will be like this never happened.
    Nick Fury's black version (the original still exists) is successful because he was modelled on SLJ who happens to be black. If they had made a black one for the sake of it and announced it in some basketball magazine people would have seen right through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Doesn't really work , she screams fragile.

Because she's a woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Following on from this trend I suppose we'll have Wonderman and Catman.
    except "catwoman" (as opposed to catman) will be a man, and "wonderwoman" (as opposed to wonder "man") will be a man with this logic, because "thor" isn't being turned into "she-thor", it's just "thor" (already a male) having a sex change operation! because there's no distinction being made between thor and this female thor, meaning that now thor is no longer a man, as there is no notice of two gendered thors existing simultaneously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppet Science)
    Not sure why this is great for Feminism... you've taken a male God and have made Him female - why is this good? Sure, if we had a mainstream film with a strong female protagonist then yay, but this just confuses me.

P.S. that is unless I am being spectacularly thick/ misinformed
    You sir are a legend and should be praised by all. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Because she's a woman?

are you being serious? michelle obama is hardly a "strong" woman other than her obviously huge masculine (in my opinion) size; she relies on her husband to even be relevant in any situation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye doesn't make sense really. A woman of that size would barely be able to lift that kind of hammer. It's like Japanese video games where they have skinny women with huge boobs holding swords twice their size with one hand lel.

She's hot though.
    This is a hammer that the hulk a ten foot tall, impossibly strong rage monster could not lift because the hammer didn't like him. Pretty sure anyone worthy can just lift the damn thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Nick Fury's black version (the original still exists) is successful because he was modelled on SLJ who happens to be black. If they had made a black one for the sake of it and announced it in some basketball magazine people would have seen right through it.
    It reminds me of this tbh:

http://www.afropunk.com/profiles/blo...ts-being-black

ReputationRep:
    am I the only one who's completely over superhero movies? **** has been milked to death by hollywood the last 8 years or so

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.