Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm bored! Anyone want to chat or ask me questions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    ahh cool, my insurance is imperial so i might see you there

yeah i get that, like i'll keep in contact with my gunners from day one but unfortunately i jus get the feeling that once uni starts and everyones busy communication will be minimum and within a year i'll like stop all contact. sad but try u get me ?
    What's your firm? and What are you going to study?

Yeh I understand. As long as I stay friends with my closest friends from school I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    What's your firm? and What are you going to study?

Yeh I understand. As long as I stay friends with my closest friends from school I'm happy.
    cambridge - engineering. i think i've missed my offer tho

why did you apply for biology? why not something like medicine?

u from london gg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Future career prospects?
    Also, why biology?
    I want to become an A level biology (and chemistry) teacher.

I just love biology, the study of life. Life is all around us and biology is so relatable to the things we see. It just really interests me, excites me and I have just always had a real passion for it. Especially evolutionary biology. You know that phase lots of kids go through where they love dinosaurs and prehistory...well I never grew out of that, I still find it amazing.

ReputationRep:
    What do you look for in a partner?

What is the definition of 'success' to you?

Wanna be friends?

ReputationRep:
    cambridge - engineering. i think i've missed my offer tho

why did you apply for biology? why not something like medicine?

u from london gg?
    Ah ok, I didn't particularly like oxbridge when I had a look at them. Cambridge due to the course (natural sciences, not biology) and I just didn't like oxford university...it wasn't for me.

I just love biology, the study of life. Life is all around us and biology is so relatable to the things we see. It just really interests me, excites me and I have just always had a real passion for it. Especially evolutionary biology. You know that phase lots of kids go through where they love dinosaurs and prehistory...well I never grew out of that, I still find it amazing. (just copied that from my last post :P cba to write it again).

Why not medicine. Well because it would be pointless for me as it would not lead into a job I would enjoy or could do. I did originally want to become a vet but I would never be able to deal with losing patients, causing them hard (or putting them down) I just would not be able to do it.

And I'm from Sussex, but I know London well.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, I didn't particularly like oxbridge when I had a look at them. Cambridge due to the course (natural sciences, not biology) and I just didn't like oxford university...it wasn't for me.

I just love biology, the study of life. Life is all around us and biology is so relatable to the things we see. It just really interests me, excites me and I have just always had a real passion for it. Especially evolutionary biology. You know that phase lots of kids go through where they love dinosaurs and prehistory...well I never grew out of that, I still find it amazing. (just copied that from my last post :P cba to write it again).

Why not medicine. Well because it would be pointless for me as it would not lead into a job I would enjoy or could do. I did originally want to become a vet but I would never be able to deal with losing patients, causing them hard (or putting them down) I just would not be able to do it.

And I'm from Sussex, but I know London well.
    ahh fair enough, yeah i applied/firmed them because of the name im not gunna kid myself, i know i'll enjoy being in london much more and i feel that imperials course is much better for me but oh well.

damn looks like you have a passion for bio, good for you!

ah cool, im from (south) london.

ReputationRep:
    I want to become an A level biology (and chemistry) teacher.

I just love biology, the study of life. Life is all around us and biology is so relatable to the things we see. It just really interests me, excites me and I have just always had a real passion for it. Especially evolutionary biology. You know that phase lots of kids go through where they love dinosaurs and prehistory...well I never grew out of that, I still find it amazing.
    Well, at least we want the same job.
    Althouh, I've been told if I want to be an all round science teacher, I'll have to pick up A2 Physics.
    Did As physics (am now entering my second year of my biomed degree) but, hoped I would never have to touch physics again after Edexcel's disastrous 2013 A level maths papers, completely put me off any maths related topics for life... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    What do you look for in a partner?

What is the definition of 'success' to you?

Wanna be friends?
    Ill just describe my current partner :P Someone who I can primarily just get on with. I can have a laugh with, do stupid and silly things with but can also have intellectual discussions. Has to be able to deal with my long boring conversations about science I enjoy :P Would be nice if they like stuff like gaming (I'm not a huge gamer but the occasional game is nice) and love doctor who (alas my girlfriend hates it :P ). Loves the same music as me, has similar opinions but also has enough different views that we can discuss them (just nothing too radical). Just someone who will love me, care for me, I can trust and is just awesome, as I would give in return. Oh and romantic

Success for me is going through life knowing you have done what you have wanted. If you want to earn millions and you have well done. If you just want a nice family and to enjoy your job, not earning a huge amount, then well done as well.

And of course! I love making new friends.

ReputationRep:
    ahh fair enough, yeah i applied/firmed them because of the name im not gunna kid myself, i know i'll enjoy being in london much more and i feel that imperials course is much better for me but oh well.

damn looks like you have a passion for bio, good for you!

ah cool, im from (south) london.
    I just went to Imperial and fell in love with it so I know it is right for me To be honest, Imperial is just a good a name in the academic world so that's why I just went for the one that suits me.

Awesome I like london, I come up every so often

ReputationRep:
    Are you...

A. Religious
    B Superstitious

?

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least we want the same job.
    Althouh, I've been told if I want to be an all round science teacher, I'll have to pick up A2 Physics.
    Did As physics (am now entering my second year of my biomed degree) but, hoped I would never have to touch physics again after Edexcel's disastrous 2013 A level maths papers, completely put me off any maths related topics for life... :cry:
    Awesome!

The question will be if you want to teach all three sciences at A level or to GCSE standard. If it is to GCSE I'm sure you wont need to do A2 physics (you might need to do a refresher course that goes with your PGCE, not sure what it is called but it is where they go into specialities with your teaching degree so you learn the subject at the same time.) I did AS physics too and dropped it after AS :P

ReputationRep:
    Are you...

A. Religious
    B Superstitious

?
    A) No. Not a clue what I am. Honestly, I would love religion to be true but I've seen no evidence to suggest it is true so I find it hard to believe. I do totally respect anyone else's religion though

B) Definitely not. Don't believe in anything like that :P

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    A) No. Not a clue what I am. Honestly, I would love religion to be true but I've seen no evidence to suggest it is true so I find it hard to believe. I do totally respect anyone else's religion though

B) Definitely not. Don't believe in anything like that :P

How about you?
    Neither myself either. =l
    Although, both my parents are religious and my mother has this thing about magpies which puts her on edge a little where we have a nest in the back garden (plus a robin and a couple of crows).

Whenever she sees one, she has to look for another... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Neither myself either. =l
    Although, both my parents are religious and my mother has this thing about magpies which puts her on edge a little where we have a nest in the back garden (plus a robin and a couple of crows).

Whenever she sees one, she has to look for another... :rolleyes:
    Yeh I know people like that :P I find superstition weird.

Neither of my parents are religious but my girlfriend is.

ReputationRep:
    How often do you **** off brah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dogs or cats?
    DC or Marvel?
    What are you looking forward to at uni?
    Want any uni tips?
    Living with parents or student accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Dogs or cats?
    DC or Marvel?
    What are you looking forward to at uni?
    Want any uni tips?
    Living with parents or student accommodation?
    Love both but dogs

Not really into super heroes and only seen the original spiderman films...so whichever spidermand belongs to.

Loads of things, the course, making new friends, being in London, going to Imperial its self, most things actually

As many as you can give :P

Student accommodation (despite what my mother wishes :P She wants me to stay home with her and not go to uni...awwww )

ReputationRep:
    Ok, last question of the night, did you use any of my science help threads while doing your A levels?

Link to one of them: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2176162

ReputationRep:
    Ok, last question of the night, did you use any of my science help threads while doing your A levels?

Link to one of them: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2176162
    No I didn't (sorry :P ). Didn't even know they existed

Plus it looks like you do AQA while I did OCR. I didn't use too many threads on here, was more a youtube man They look useful though!

ReputationRep:
    Keep them coming people The more people I can talk to the better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.