Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should you stop shopping in primark? Watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have a pair of jeans from primark that have lasted forever save some fraying on the edges. Well worth however much it cost.

ReputationRep:
    I don't shop at Primark, it's horrible use of child labour really disturbs me. However I don't blame anyone for doing so. If you can't afford to shop anywhere else then fair enough. Unfortunately I think it's inevitable that there will always be slavery in the world, but I do my best not to contribute to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    As someone who has been to bagladesh in the past year i can say that these conditions still exist. However much their website say they're all great etc it's still not good enough and it's still unacceptable.

I didn't want you to see it this way. Of course there's other shops that are similar to primark but imo, primark shops attract the most number of customers, and i just felt making a thread about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thing is Primark, and other retailers, aren't directly responsible due to not actually owning the factories in these countries. They can try and enforce health and safety by communication with the suppliers, but at the end of the day it is down to the suppliers. I know that is no excuse for the conditions, they are truly horrific and unacceptable, but I think pinpointing Primark isn't necessarily accurate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.