Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is taught at Mathematics Degree level Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Good enough for what?
    Good enough to help somebody during GCSE Maths ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    It really is, even though you sound sarcastic.

Hehehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    THAT IS MY TYPE OF FRACTIONS ^_^ =P

If SOMEBODY got a 3rd at Mathematic Degree level are they still good enough
    A degree is a passport. A better graded degree gives you a higher initial recognition. There are many skills & qualities you need to cultivate beyond getting a degree, but the techniques & habits of studying the degree should help you progress faster in life.

Understand yourself, what you have gained through a Mathematics education. For myself, I damn nearly failed it, but my employers (always the very best companies to work for) understood my strength & weaknesses, often better than myself. I was bad at learning from lectures & brilliant learning by myself.

Once you start working or start your own enterprise, it is your new universe to make your mark.

Your assimulation of your past may give you a base to jump to another future, on the other hand, misinterpretation of your past may hinder you.

Each experience can let you know your capabilities & limitations further, & it may give you inspirations. Keep trying out different initiatives & learn from your experience.

Bear in mind that neccessity is the mother of inventions, so stay close to problems, think about them. Every failure is a different set of problems. Understanding a problem accurately is 1/2 the problem solved, so may be you can patent the problems.

My favourite book for personal development is The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covery.

ReputationRep:
    Wikipedia has very good introductions to the Mathematics subjects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areas_of_mathematics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_education

Mathematics trains your mind to think in many flexible and creative ways, and empowers you to be methodical & accurate in thinking and communication. It is perhaps the most liberal and rigorous of subjects.

It is also a subject which allows you to pick up other subjects much more easily.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    Good enough to help somebody during GCSE Maths ^_^
    It depends if they have any teaching and helping skills.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.