Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't sign into email on phone. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Yep.
    General rule seems to be that if it gets delivered to the app on my phone, it will to my ipad. If it doesn't to one, it doesn't to the other either.

I presume it must all be related to the whole switchover thing. My phone likes to delete the contacts every now and then as well. Don't know whether that's down to the phone or down to yahoo/BT though :erm:
    I'm guessing it is just them and it'll sort itself out, but it's annoying because I did all the things they told you to do about preparing for the switchover on an android phone and it all went without a hitch, and now it's as if I never did anything. And I have to say that their help pages are just awful. They lead from one version of what to do to another and aren't all located in a logical place and there seem to be several different versions of things which claim to do the same thing but actually don't do anything at all... Gah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    I'm guessing it is just them and it'll sort itself out, but it's annoying because I did all the things they told you to do about preparing for the switchover on an android phone and it all went without a hitch, and now it's as if I never did anything. And I have to say that their help pages are just awful. They lead from one version of what to do to another and aren't all located in a logical place and there seem to be several different versions of things which claim to do the same thing but actually don't do anything at all... Gah!
    Very much so!
    I've had to use google to find the answers to sorting stuff out so much.
    And when my contacts have gone and I've had to put them back onto my phone I had so much trouble sorting it out! Turns out the address they give for the carddav thing is slightly wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Very much so!
    I've had to use google to find the answers to sorting stuff out so much.
    And when my contacts have gone and I've had to put them back onto my phone I had so much trouble sorting it out! Turns out the address they give for the carddav thing is slightly wrong
    Don't know what a carddav thing is, but I can completely accept that if it's from BT, it will be wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Try downloading the browser "Dolphin Browser", link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owser&hl=en_GB

It has a feature called desktop feature which basically mimics a computers browser. Try it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Try downloading the browser "Dolphin Browser", link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owser&hl=en_GB

It has a feature called desktop feature which basically mimics a computers browser. Try it from there.
    What does this do? Words of one syllable, please!

ReputationRep:
    What does this do? Words of one syllable, please!
    It's a browser, like Chrome. Except I'd probably say it's the best on Android.

ReputationRep:
    It's a browser, like Chrome. Except I'd probably say it's the best on Android.
    Chrome is working on the phone. Will this enable me to use the app somehow?

ReputationRep:
    Chrome is working on the phone. Will this enable me to use the app somehow?
    Umm, it should work. It works on my 3 year old phone, so it should work on the Moto G as it's fairly new.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, it should work. It works on my 3 year old phone, so it should work on the Moto G as it's fairly new.
    The app has been working, but now it has stopped, as a result of BT's problems, I'm beginning to realise.

ReputationRep:
    I can't log into my email on my phone for some reason either, it just doesn't respond at all when I press log in or enter. I'm not with BT though.

This doesn't bother me at all though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    I can't log into my email on my phone for some reason either, it just doesn't respond at all when I press log in or enter. I'm not with BT though.

This doesn't bother me at all though.
    It sounds like me. Unfortunately, I do mind. My phone's just downloading a system upgrade, so who knows what will happen next?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.