17. Swansea City
    ----------
    18. Aston Villa
    19. Burnley
    20. West Bromwich Albion
    I sincerely hope this is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    5 title contenders (you know what they are)

Spurs and Everton aren't touching the top 5 at all

Burnley, Sunderland and West Brom are the relegation favourites imo (could see Hull, Swansea and Leicester fighting relegation too)

ReputationRep:
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Man Utd
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6. Liverpool
    7. Everton

18.Aston Villa
    19.WBA
    20.Burnley

I know I will be disliked for this, but I honestly think Spurs will be fifth. They have a new manager and some great players. They just need to use them right, and then we could even come 3rd.

I think Liverpool will do pretty lame, because I just think Liverpool can't replace him.

And I reckon Everton will do worse then both of these guys.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeJay)
    I sincerely hope this is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone under-rate Swansea? They (close to) literally came up to the PL with no money and still managed to do well for the previous 3 seasons. Last season was less good but it is hard when the big clubs buy all of the young decent players and Swansea have been particularly targeted (which is another proof that the rest of the league believe Swansea are a good side.) What is more annoying is that Southampton had one decent season and now everyone believes they are somehow brilliant? What happens to Swansea every year (good young players being sucked out of the club, usually to sit on the bench) has happened to Southampton this year and now they lack the quality (compared to last year.) Swansea dont near get the credit they deserve especially as, unlike most teams, they did it with a shortage of funds and this is coming from a neutral fan.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at how you are all placing swansea and southampton so high yet villa to get relegated. Swansea and southampton are both having there squads ripped to pieces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Lmao at how you are all placing swansea and southampton so high yet villa to get relegated. Swansea and southampton are both having there squads ripped to pieces
    I agree with Southampton but everyone is placing Swansea lowdown

ReputationRep:
    Also villa will hve Darren bent back and joe cole who when played in his proper position is a beast Nouri go ruined him when he turned him into a winger and disciplined him, he was one of the most technically gifte players of his generation and still has the footballing brain to make some great passes , think villa will surprise many this season. Swansea nailed on relegation for me, losing bony, michu Taylor vorm and possibly Hernandez, nathan dyer fitness issues and will you even get de Guzman back?

ReputationRep:
    Also villa will hve Darren bent back and joe cole who when played in his proper position is a beast Nouri go ruined him when he turned him into a winger and disciplined him, he was one of the most technically gifte players of his generation and still has the footballing brain to make some great passes , think villa will surprise many this season. Swansea nailed on relegation for me, losing bony, michu Taylor vorm and possibly Hernandez, nathan dyer fitness issues and will you even get de Guzman back?
    As i said, there is an annual purge on Swansea's top players every season, and so far they have dealt with the following season really well considering lack of funds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackRowbotham)
    As i said, there is an annual purge on Swansea's top players every season, and so far they have dealt with the following season really well considering lack of funds.
    True but I highly doubt you will finish 8th like some posters seem to think- great style of play but never seem to get the results needed for that sort of position

ReputationRep:
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man Citeh
    3. Man Utd
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6. Liverpool
    7. Everton

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    1) Chelsea
    2) Manchester City
    3) Manchester United
    4) Arsenal
    5) Liverpool
    6) Spurs
    7) Everton
    8) Southampton
    9) Newcastle
    10) West Ham
    11) Aston Villa
    12) West Brom
    13) Swansea
    14) Hull
    15) Crystal Palace
    16) Stoke
    17) QPR
    18) Sunderland
    19) Leicester
    20) Burnley

ReputationRep:
    True but I highly doubt you will finish 8th like some posters seem to think- great style of play but never seem to get the results needed for that sort of position
    On the contrary, i've only ever seen people/things (especially on this thread) saying that Swansea are going to do badly this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackRowbotham)
    Why does everyone under-rate Swansea? They (close to) literally came up to the PL with no money and still managed to do well for the previous 3 seasons. Last season was less good but it is hard when the big clubs buy all of the young decent players and Swansea have been particularly targeted (which is another proof that the rest of the league believe Swansea are a good side.) What is more annoying is that Southampton had one decent season and now everyone believes they are somehow brilliant? What happens to Swansea every year (good young players being sucked out of the club, usually to sit on the bench) has happened to Southampton this year and now they lack the quality (compared to last year.) Swansea dont near get the credit they deserve especially as, unlike most teams, they did it with a shortage of funds and this is coming from a neutral fan.
    Swansea haven't really suffered that much in losing young players to big clubs? Before this summer there was only really Allen following Rodgers to Anfield and Sinclair deciding to warm to bench at City. Can't think of anyone else beyond that. Transfers of Davies and Bony (if it happens) will be the big losses but they're understandable moves. Surprised Davies didn't go last summer really, the club did well to hold onto him for the year.

And Swansea are always getting credit for the way they play/run the club etc. Sometimes too much tbh (this is coming from a Swansea supporter).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else starting to think Southampton will struggle? Let's look at the team which came to Old Trafford last season:

Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Davis, Rodriguez, Osvaldo

Davis, Lambert, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Do Prado, Chambers, Hooiveld

Manager: Pocchetino
    Chairman: Cortese

6 players gone, 2 look like they're going to follow soon, another 2 have turned down contracts and the manager and chairman have also left. Haven't seen asset stripping like this since Portsmouth 2009 or Leeds 2003.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Anyone else starting to think Southampton will struggle? Let's look at the team which came to Old Trafford last season:

Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Davis, Rodriguez, Osvaldo

Davis, Lambert, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Do Prado, Chambers, Hooiveld

Manager: Pocchetino
    Chairman: Cortese

6 players gone, 2 look like they're going to follow soon, another 2 have turned down contracts and the manager and chairman have also left. Haven't seen asset stripping like this since Portsmouth 2009 or Leeds 2003.
    Yeah...it's not really looking good. The problem isn't the selling off, it's that the board hasn't been doing much with the money that's of most concern. Lallana was a decentish sale (I mean he was more expensive than Kroos for goodness sake), Rickie is heading towards the end of his career, and selling off two unproven and unloyal teenagers for almost £50 million is generally good business. But apart from Tadic and Pelle, the only player we've really been seriously linked to is Forster. If you saw our friendly against Bournemouth, I think you'll see Targett is a worthy replacement for Shaw, but the lack of reinvestment is going to be a serious worry. Without a top finisher, we'll have a pressing strategy that will leave us even more exposed yet with no bite.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.