Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you still continue to go out with your boyfriend if you fancied another? Watch

(Original post by Ribbits)

I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who made a move on me while I was in a relationship, they would have gathered if they knew me at all that was a terrible idea against my values. It would rule them out for me, someone who would disrespect both me and someone I cared about. Other people don't feel it that way though.
    Maybe, but if the guy really liked you then perhaps he would'nt have much of a choice. Either he waits and waits for a break up in the relationship on the sidelines which may never happen and hence be waiting a long time for something that could take years or may never happen or he attempts to ask you out knowing you've got a boyfriend knowing the chances may not be good even counterproductive to forming a relationship in the future should he be turned down even if the chemistry is perhaps stronger than with the present boyfriend. Just seems a bit harsh to have a guy that you are more attracted to hanging around perhaps pointlessly while you may get deeper into a relationship with a guy you are less attracted to (hypothetically speaking) and perhaps marry. So esentially you would be going off with the guy you are less attracted to but felt compelled to be with out of respect. Somehow doesnt seem fair on the guy hanging around to expect him to kind of wait in reserve as it were?

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    cheaters attract cheaters.
    Well, I mean if you tell your boyfriend right after accepting the guy's request for a date then you've not really cheated, only if you continue to see present boyfriend along with the new guy surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, I mean if you tell your boyfriend right after accepting the guy's request for a date then you've not really cheated, only if you continue to see present boyfriend along with the new guy surely?
    lol its just scummy morals.

I wouldn't stay with a girlfriend if I didn't like her that much and planned to leave as soon as someone better came a long.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lol its just scummy morals.

I wouldn't stay with a girlfriend if I didn't like her that much and planned to leave as soon as someone better came a long.
    Just saying it would'nt be cheating technically. Not sure its scummy morals either, you've just found someone else along the way. It may have seemed right with the present boyfriend but how would you of known that someone you were attracted to more would come along. Just seems you're living a lie and not being true to yourself and current boyfriend if you continue with him for respect rather than who you really feel you want to be with. I don't see it as trading up, just being with the person who you want to be with the most. Just think leaving guy on the sidelines who you're most attracted to is making him suffer a bit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.