Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What watch is more appealing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benzos)
    I like both steel straps and leather straps, was thinking about switching between them on a watch every few weeks.

Have you thought about getting an omega instead? Breitlings don't hold their values, even the limited edition ones I've read so it makes me think they're a less respected watch brand.
    Yeah I like the speedmaster range.
    Rolex watches hold their value really really well, and I do enjoy some of their models, but it's the image surrounding rolex that puts me off sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-Rooney)
    What makes you go for the tag?
    I have one myself and I can assure you they are top quality and also the design in the picture you posted is slightly more appealing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    I have one myself and I can assure you they are top quality and also the design in the picture you posted is slightly more appealing
    Yeah I really do like the design of the grand carerra range.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the one on the right.

ReputationRep:
    Tag any day of the week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Prefer the first one.

ReputationRep:
    The one on the left

ReputationRep:
    omega speedmaster.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to go with the breitling, not the one above, but a similar model with a brown leather strap. If a patek were to fall out the sky and land on my wrist then I wouldn't complain... :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to go with the breitling, not the one above, but a similar model with a brown leather strap. If a patek were to fall out the sky and land on my wrist then I wouldn't complain... :mmm:
    pics

ReputationRep:
    Bro , go for the right one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    pics
    Maybe not everyone's taste but it does for me. Perhaps minus the white thread and possibly a brown dial. I'll see what they can do when I go into WOS, models tend to be very different online. Also, I have yet to try it on so my opinion may change.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not everyone's taste but it does for me. Perhaps minus the white thread and possibly a brown dial. I'll see what they can do when I go into WOS, models tend to be very different online. Also, I have yet to try it on so my opinion may change.
    seriously, i know you're spending a lot of money, but its too flashy and gaudy for my tastes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Bro , go for the right one.
    Yeah I'm definitely going for that although different model. Breitling for Bentley 6.75 speed.

ReputationRep:
    seriously, i know you're spending a lot of money, but its too flashy and gaudy for my tastes.
    They do look massive so I really do hope that doesn't put me off. The only other watch that I would buy would be a Patek, and we both know that is way out in terms of price range.

ReputationRep:
    They do look massive so I really do hope that doesn't put me off. The only other watch that I would buy would be a Patek, and we both know that is way out in terms of price range.
    it's not about the size.

it's the bezel, the stitching, the busy dial actually is worse than a rolex if you're looking to avoid the drug dealer vibe.

ReputationRep:
    it's not about the size.

it's the bezel, the stitching, the busy dial actually is worse than a rolex if you're looking to avoid the drug dealer vibe.
    I plan on getting a plain brown leather without stitching, I'll see once I actually view it in person. If you could have any watch, flash or whatever, what watch would it be?

ReputationRep:
    I plan on getting a plain brown leather without stitching, I'll see once I actually view it in person. If you could have any watch, flash or whatever, what watch would it be?
    Omega Speedmaster/IWC/Patek

ReputationRep:
    What about a Patek Philippe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    What about a Patek Philippe?
    I can only dream mate. Patek would set me back way more than 6-7k.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.