Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Only in PS Help, I wouldn't t suggest the OP publishes his PS openly on the internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Touche good point - just thought he mayve wanted to know why his ps was falling short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanz_a93)
    Trinity college. They just said she will have to do good in her mcat (perhaps an avg+ score) and after her 3yr pre-med she will be able to enter dukes without any further interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I tried and cannot find a program like this. Do you mean Trinity College that is the undergraduate part of Duke University or Trinity College the liberal arts college in Connecticut or Trinity College Dublin?

I looked through all 3 and could not find a program like this. I know of programs like this but not at Duke. There is one at Wash U where you need to score a 36 MCAT (which is very difficult) but if you do that and maintain a 3.8 GPA you get into their medical school. Also very difficult (To be fair if you actually had a 36 MCAT and 3.8 GPA you would pretty much be competitive for all the Ivies so I don't see the point of this program). http://admissions.wustl.edu/academic...ns.aspxHowever, I have never heard about this at Duke, if you know link me. I've looked at Duke's premed page and they never mention anything about a conditional acceptance program to Duke Med.

ReputationRep:
    You weren't good enough and I'm pretty sure the interviewers saw right through your snobby arrogant attitude you've displayed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    Is it arrogant to say you're academically perfect?
    Creating a thread to ask for universities that aren't biased against you because that's the only possible reason you could have been rejected? That is incredibly arrogant yes!

I have to agree with other posters: the fact that this thread was phrased so antagonistically is probably indicative of an underlying attitude problem. That may well explain the post interview rejections. Cruel to be kind OP: you come across badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locomotive99)
    I know it sounds ridiculous...but I literally had the best qualifications last admissions cycle and was rejected pre-interview. (I also go a private school- nothing fancy though).

I was rejected from all four medical schools; one was Cambridge, post-interview.

I completely accept this rejection, as I believe for Cambridge you're either good enough or not.

However, I was also rejected from Sheffield pre-interview, on the basis of my PS, which I had spent a lot of time on. This is obviously the only subjective part of the application, and to reject a medical applicant on the basis of it seems just a bit dubious.

Also, I was rejected from Nottingham. The feedback post-interview was very vague, just saying essentially I wasn't good enough at interview.

I've heard a lot of feedback about Notts, saying that they are biased against private schools. I also found this to be the case in my instance.

I was the only one from my yr who got an interview at Notts, and there were a few other outstanding applicants for Notts albeit with slightly lower UKCAT scores.

I accept my other rejection, Imperial, as I think my interview performance was very bad in hindsight, although I guess the questions asked were slightly unfair.

Obviously, there's going to be a lot more scrutiny and bias against private-schools, but the main point of this thread is to pick out the medical schools which, from your experience hate private schools.

Thank you
    There is no such thing as a medical school that hates private schools. Medicine could also just be getting more competitive. Besides you had 3 interviews. If you didn't get an offer after 3 interviews you need to work on that more than your application.

ReputationRep:
    It's all true. I got CCD in psychology, English language and IT and they admitted me because I wore cheap shoes to my interview and I went to a comp.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps because your Personal Statement was tailored for Cambridge, and therefore I assume very academically orientated it wasn't suitable for the others? - I accept the personal statement is very subjective, yet the majority of Medical schools are looking for the same things. (empathy, intergrity etc etc etc). I'm not saying Oxbridge are not looking for those qualities either, but I do believe you have to put more about science into your personal statement, and due to the limited number of characters you might not be able to cover the other "personal" qualities in as much depth.

Good luck for the future! Move on and reapply is my advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locomotive99)
    I've heard a lot of feedback about Notts, saying that they are biased against private schools. I also found this to be the case in my instance.
    Has the offer they gave you on results day made you rethink your stance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    Has the offer they gave you on results day made you rethink your stance?

In before/during/after he posts a complete change of opinion and love for Nottingham.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.