Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yup, bill redundant due to the dam left and libertarians throwing money at people.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we'll only save pocket change by abolishing Guardian's allowance.

ReputationRep:
    This is monstrous, who on earth thought this was a good idea?

I do like this bill.

We will take on-board your points to make the bill more appealing.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nebelbon)
      I do like this bill.

We will take on-board your points to make the bill more appealing.
      Child benefit does not exist due to the residents income.

ReputationRep:
      So what happens to children who their parents can't afford? Won't this money be forcibly funded into child state services to raise them, them probably raise them into less productive citizens than if you'd given them child benefit ?

Never mind ethics, isn't this in fact going to cost money in the long run?

(Original post by Rakas21)
        Child benefit does not exist due to the residents income.
        I did mean that. We will redraft it around that.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by That Bearded Man)
        So what happens to children who their parents can't afford? Won't this money be forcibly funded into child state services to raise them, them probably raise them into less productive citizens than if you'd given them child benefit ?

To be fair the current TSR system costs somewhere in the region of £65bn per annum. (See Jarred's post) Surely a trimming is required, think of all the social mobility you could do with that...
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        I did mean that. We will redraft it around that.
        Fair enough. I'd support a flat rate under 16 and saving some money. None for the fourth child unless twins ECT.. On top of 2 children already.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Cryptographic)
        To be fair the current TSR system costs somewhere in the region of £65bn per annum. (See Jarred's post) Surely a trimming is required, think of all the social mobility you could do with that...
        I stated that surely this method would cost money in the long run.

Also, name a method of promoting social mobility by cutting costs, usually they tend to target those at the bottom more.

There is still a grace period for children born before September 1st 2015. All current children will still receive the benefit until 2015.

I think that is quite rude and horrible to say that children raised in child state services are less productive citizens. I expect better from our Prime minister!

(Original post by Rakas21)
            Fair enough. I'd support a flat rate under 16 and saving some money. None for the fourth child unless twins ECT.. On top of 2 children already.
            Good point with the twins!

I'll discuss this with other UKIP members

ReputationRep:
            There is still a grace period for children born before September 1st 2015. All current children will still receive the benefit until 2015.

I think that is quite rude and horrible to say that children raised in child state services are less productive citizens. I expect better from our Prime minister!
            I don't, I find it ridiculous to expect children, who have been removed from their parents, to live a better, happier life in care. I did relate this to profitability to resonate more with you guys tbh.

ReputationRep:
            I stated that surely this method would cost money in the long run.

Also, name a method of promoting social mobility by cutting costs, usually they tend to target those at the bottom more.
            The current TSr system is frivolous, we need this benefit to be an aid, but when we consider that every TSR citizen has a basic income of 8k, surely we do not need another 8k per year per child as well. Perhaps a compromise approach would be to pare back the universal income to 6k and then have child benefit of 2k per child per year.

ReputationRep:

Also, your first point isn't really relevant, pushing it under the rug for 2 years isn't going to make me more likely to vote for it. I hope no one falls for that.

Also, your first point isn't really relevant, pushing it under the rug for 2 years isn't going to make me more likely to vote for it. I hope no one falls for that.
              Only children born after that time are affected. It gives a lot of time to plan these things. Over population is an issue that will soon affect us greatly.

ReputationRep:
              The current TSr system is frivolous, we need this benefit to be an aid, but when we consider that every TSR citizen has a basic income of 8k, surely we do not need another 8k per year per child as well. Perhaps a compromise approach would be to pare back the universal income to 6k and then have child benefit of 2k per child per year.
              Hmmm....I'll need to compare and contrast everything between TSRland with RL to fully understand.
              • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
              The best solution since the 2 parents will get an extra 16k anyway is for the state to give the child at 16 a lump sum built up over the 16 years.
              • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
              Hmmm....I'll need to compare and contrast everything between TSRland with RL to fully understand.
              The welfare act of the 16th parliament is what you need to be looking at.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2014
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.