Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I ask HIM out? If so, how? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    You're an actual prick. Stop acting all alpha on TSR you moron, some guys just need the confidence. Some of us aren't as insensitive like you, good luck to your future wife.
    lool ur jus mad u aint got the balls to ask out a girl.

guys seriously: don't pussy out... if you like a girl and its evident that shes into you just go for it, don't leave it too late cos then you'd have these kind of threads.

ReputationRep:
    You should ask him out. Sometimes, us guys are too shy/scared and in those circumstances, the best possible thing that can happen is if she makes the first move

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    You sound spectacularly inexperienced, for all the effort you're going to to make out that you're not.
    lol why do idiots like you have to make a big deal out of nothing... it's JUST ASKING OUT A GIRL. theres no formula or 'experience' needed, be yourself and man up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    lool ur jus mad u aint got the balls to ask out a girl.

guys seriously: don't pussy out... if you like a girl and its evident that shes into you just go for it, don't leave it too late cos then you'd have these kind of threads.
    :facepalm2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks - but should I ask him over facebook or is that too cowardly/childish?
    You can ask to meet somewhere over facebook/text and then ask in person. If they sound as though they're keen to meet, especially if they know it would be just the two of you, then it's a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    * if it's 'just' asking for a date.. why doesn't he do it?
    ** then she shouldn't ask... surely by now he knows, unless he's an idiot
    Because he might be completely indifferent to her and might only start liking her once he gets to know her on a date lol. Not all men are desperate for women and he might be one of those.

He might just not care about her that much atm. And once the girl asks him out he'l think "oh what the hell. #yolo' and go out with her.

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of people who have dates online or talked on facebook. Don't worry about what other people think. If you don't get any chances at work just start a casual convo at fb and if u get opportunity just casually ask if they want to one day grab coffee or lunch. Really guys don't get offended just cos you talk to then ist. Go for it. If it's negative that's fine move on it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks - but should I ask him over facebook or is that too cowardly/childish?
    I'd just casually ask him if wants to meet up for a coffee or whatever over facebook. Don't make too much of a big deal over it

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I'd just casually ask him if wants to meet up for a coffee or whatever over facebook. Don't make too much of a big deal over it

Good luck!
    I think this is good advice, you could simply do it as a friends meet up to start of with, there's no need to make this full on, at least you'll have some time with him to get to know him better first.

Can't see why women and men can't talk to each other and ask each other out in mutual terms. Without women willing to initiate and contribute to communication the same as men and ask men out on dates with equal frequency the kind of idiotic situation where a woman just idly waits for a man is going to keep re-occuring. It often equates to unhappiness on all sides as people arent with who they want to be with. I mean we are not in te Victorian age here I can't understand why there is all this nonsensical rambling about women having to wait quietly likely statues while men have to get through all the awkwardness of this situation do all the initiating, communicating, asking out, its ludicrous. It the guys stating that men 'dont have the balls' to ask a women out are the ones who just ask women out, don't care about them and just want them for sex before moving onto the next girl, at least you'll avoid one of them and all the STD's they come with.

So yes ask him out on facebook, etc if his into you he'll just go for it, if his not and his shy at least the whole world won't here about it. In any case its no big deal, if you ask hi out as freinds your not exactly throwing yourself at him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.