Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was the stupidest thing you wrote in a GCSE exam? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I made an entire English language exam rhyme for the lols. I got a B in it as well.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst frustrated in a GCSE physics exam, I wrote "I don't know much about direct current or transformers, but what I do know is..." And I regurgitated everything interesting in physics. This was one of the Huge 8 mark questions, more than 10% of my paper. And I ended up with a few marks from full UMS. I don't know what my test paper marker was on. I wrote some weird stuff, I was angry and I showed it by stating "Why would you even ask me this, I'm only 16" and other angry and sarcastic comments. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    So, its the AQA English Language exam. Not my best paper, but things wern't going horrifically. I approach Question 6, the last and most weighted. I hadn't done as well as i would have liked on this in my mock, so i entered a bit apprehensive. I turn the page and see some question about talking about a person/organisation that made an imapct on the world, kr something like that. I decide to write about the British Empire (and i have nada knowledge about it, i havent done history). Thankfukly, my waffle doesnt seem to be that bad, and i throw in a few made up statistics to make it professional.

It wasn't until afterwards that i realised that with only 7 billion people on earth, 25 billion people cannot fly abroad each month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie-3)
    So, its the AQA English Language exam. Not my best paper, but things wern't going horrifically. I approach Question 6, the last and most weighted. I hadn't done as well as i would have liked on this in my mock, so i entered a bit apprehensive. I turn the page and see some question about talking about a person/organisation that made an imapct on the world, kr something like that. I decide to write about the British Empire (and i have nada knowledge about it, i havent done history). Thankfukly, my waffle doesnt seem to be that bad, and i throw in a few made up statistics to make it professional.

It wasn't until afterwards that i realised that with only 7 billion people on earth, 25 billion people cannot fly abroad each month.
    If everyone flew four times a month it'd work. This is great!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    I wrote Intradependant and Intredependant, instead of Intraspecific and Ianterspecific in my Biology exam... Godamnit.
    I hope this isnt GCSE because damn what board XD

ReputationRep:
    In one of my GCSE History exams, I used the phrase "pre-martial sex" instead of "pre-marital sex".

Also, in one of my last GCSE Chemistry exams, there was a question which asked how a student could determine whether calcium was present in a substance, or something along those lines. One of my friends wrote, "Drink it and if it tastes like milk it's got calcium in it." :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Said the poet is using an ADAD Rhyming scheme in literature xD

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I wrote 2,000 goes into 8,000 twice in my Maths exam, and I'm supposed to be an A* student...

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    In one of my exams the question was something like explain why this happened. I put because it did.

ReputationRep:
    To avoid the danger of earthquakes, people dig holes for themselves and live underground. I may have failed geography. :/
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I have multiple examples of my idiocy:

One was in my French GCSE (real paper) when the question asked for why was the ferry delayed on the English Channel, I didn't know so I said it was a Tsunami. On the English channel.

In a Chemistry test once the question was 'give the name of the process when water turns to gas', I forgot it was evaporation, so I said it was dissaparation. As in, the process of teleporting in Harry Potter.

In Spanish once, I got 8% on a test when I was supposed to write a letter to a pen pal and I just wrote 'Hola, me llamo tengo Ben' and drew a tortoise (I was given a mark for the drawing)

Lets see, then there was a chemistry question about extracting metals, and I gave an answer along the lines of "You must wear blue clogs and it must be a full moon. You need the right chant and the eye of a newt and the tail of a rat".

Finally, this time in physics, there was a question on some experiment (I can't remember) and the question was 'name two things needed to find measurements for this experiment'. I said arms and a face.

ReputationRep:
    It was something to do with xylem and phloem. Can't remember it but the examiner would be like WTF??!! IT WAS BAD!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Geography AQA A Exam:

"What is Cliff Collapse?"

'the collapse of a cliff'

- isn't it supposed to be self-explanatory?...

ReputationRep:
    Standard grade English creative writing- and it was just a dream... Got a 4 for that hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldtippedarrows)
    I hope this isnt GCSE because damn what board XD

I know i ballsed this question up, thankfully though the rest of the exam went pretty good... I feel, and it was OCR.

ReputationRep:
    Through the Summer exam season this year, I must have written at least 4 separate letters to examiners at the back of the paper!

Basically a summary of the season:
    Sarcastic answers in a Biology resit,
    Condescending answers in a Physics resit,
    Wrote the FULL Welsh paper... in French,
    Wrote a letter to the Welsh examiner complaining about the Welsh teaching, and that I'd be taking it up with my AM,
    Claimed that some random story (English Lang Unit 1) was of my own childhood - there was a very vague resemblance, though,
    And wrote, consciously, "Je suis excité pour la Gallois" - translates: "I am excited (horny excited) for the [male] Welsh", not true, but just comical for the examiner.

This was a fun exam season, to say the least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not so much what I wrote but in my maths exam I got a protractor out to measure a bearing however after the exam found out it said 'not to scale' and I had to use trig

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A question about speed in a Maths exam, to sum it up I sort of mentioned Sonic the Hedgehog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    In a Chemistry test once the question was 'give the name of the process when water turns to gas', I forgot it was evaporation, so I said it was dissaparation. As in, the process of teleporting in Harry Potter.
    I think this is my favourite :lol:

To answer the question, all I can remember is completely making up percentages and statistics (for multiple papers/subjects) so that it looked like I knew what I was talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Made up a lot of 'facts' that appeared to be legit
    This is what I did on my A2 Econ exam, I hope the examiner lets it slide as most of it was utter bullsh*t XD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.