Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, Would You Date Me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How is anyone supposed to answer this given none of us have met you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJEffect)
    Again, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, can you give me an example?
    I've met people before who are so quiet (e.g. they'd say one word or so) and non-emotional when I meet them that it makes me extremely uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    I don't do particularly strange stuff, I just find it hard to talk to new people
    Anything else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    I've met people before who are so quiet (e.g. they'd say one word or so) and non-emotional when I meet them that it makes me extremely uncomfortable
    I tend to be ok after the first 10 minutes or so but when first meeting someone I'm very withdrawn I must admit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_human_oreo)
    Anything else?
    Yes, when dealing with a large group (like a party for example) I'm prone to panic attacks (nothing serious, 5 minutes alone usually fixes me up for about three hours) and I'm not really all that good at dealing with strangers (nerves)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    How is anyone supposed to answer this given none of us have met you?
    Based on the information that has been given (see the original post) would you hypothetically go on a date with me? It's not that hard to answer

ReputationRep:
    I tend to be ok after the first 10 minutes or so but when first meeting someone I'm very withdrawn I must admit
    I'd just suggest faking it then, and practising being more social - because it's doable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    I'd just suggest faking it then, and practising being more social - because it's doable
    Ok then, that is something I've been working on (to moderate success) over the last couple of years

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, that is something I've been working on (to moderate success) over the last couple of years
    that's good then - and don't forget, caffeine and alcohol generally goes a long way (not to suggest to you to become an addict to those things). I sometimes drink a bit of alcohol before having to speak before a large amount of people/audience

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when dealing with a large group (like a party for example) I'm prone to panic attacks (nothing serious, 5 minutes alone usually fixes me up for about three hours) and I'm not really all that good at dealing with strangers (nerves)
    Well this sounds like me, like a lot...

ReputationRep:
    Well this sounds like me, like a lot...
    It's a very weird sensation, the room starts wobbling and I end up being able to hear my heart beating, it's like being really drunk even though I'm sober

ReputationRep:
    I'm straight so no, I wouldn't date you. Although you do seem like a cool person so I wouldn't mind being your friend .

ReputationRep:
    It's a very weird sensation, the room starts wobbling and I end up being able to hear my heart beating, it's like being really drunk even though I'm sober
    Is there a test or something I can do?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a test or something I can do?
    The panic attacks come from social anxiety (in me at least) I think you can get a psychologist to test you for that, I was diagnosed when I was 9

ReputationRep:
    Aw.

(Original post by Dilzo999)
    I'm straight so no, I wouldn't date you. Although you do seem like a cool person so I wouldn't mind being your friend .
    I sincerely agree.

ReputationRep:
    (I'm such a self centred person lol)

I'm an 18 year old college student who likes movies, TV, exercise, video games, meeting new people and trying new things

I have Asperger's syndrome (it makes me terrible in social situations, I usually can't figure out if someone's actually hitting on me or if they're just being friendly) and social anxiety (I tend to have panic attacks if surrounded by too many people, like at a concert for example)

I have a somewhat crazy sense of humour, I've been told I can make almost anyone laugh though, I'm also quite intelligent and eloquent

I guess my question is would anyone here consider dating me?

(feel free to say no lol)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=303721&stc=1
    It would depend on if we clicked, it's all well and good listing your traits and problems, but overall without a picture i can't really say, i myself have an anxiety issue and have suffered from mild depression, so i can emphasise with the social anxiety, but as for the Asperger's; i'm not too sure, are you kind of like Sheldon from TBBT (unable to detect sarcasm etc. I'm quite sarcastic at times)

ReputationRep:
    (I'm such a self centred person lol)

I'm an 18 year old college student who likes movies, TV, exercise, video games, meeting new people and trying new things

I have Asperger's syndrome (it makes me terrible in social situations, I usually can't figure out if someone's actually hitting on me or if they're just being friendly) and social anxiety (I tend to have panic attacks if surrounded by too many people, like at a concert for example)

I have a somewhat crazy sense of humour, I've been told I can make almost anyone laugh though, I'm also quite intelligent and eloquent

I guess my question is would anyone here consider dating me?

(feel free to say no lol)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=303721&stc=1
    Yes I would my gf as apergers and we are fine.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you really like someone for who they are, they can accept the other persons problems such as anxiety

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buttmonk)
    I think if you really like someone for who they are, they can accept the other persons problems such as anxiety
    Good answer, i like that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the most amazing, brilliant and fascinating person. You can't compare.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.