Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It probably wasn't shot down, Probably down to bad weather as the pilot apparently said there was storms and he wanted to divert the route.

It's weird how this has been happening so much recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa...5#TWEET1192326

This time an air Algeria flight carrying just over a hundred passengers

this is just getting ridiculous now
    Update if anyone was wondering, 50 confirmed French on the airline I believe...

ReputationRep:
    Aliens are invading.

Sounds like it's come down in bad weather, the aircraft being flown was pretty old. Mountains in the area doesn't sound good either. Not a good year for aviation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    I don't really understand how the can go completely missing in the 21st century
    Before the Malaysian one, I'd never heard of one going missing, and now it seems every week another one goes astray.

ReputationRep:
    It is ridiculous that we can measure the mass of an electron, a particle too small to even contemplate, to as many significant figures as we want, yet we can't track a huge piece of metal across the earths atmosphere, i mean what? i just dont understand...

They are saying this might have been an 'armed group' that did this and i really hope not. If this keeps happening one country is gonna lose its **** and half the world is gonna be blow up.

Anyway, i hope they are okay.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts with all those on board and their families
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Very worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Which airline?
    Somalian airlane , from somalia. Then British airways to London.

ReputationRep:
    This was above Land and not water though and it seems like they had contact with it until right before a big storm so they will likely find it quickly within a small search area.

Still more likely to die during your drive to the airport then during the flight but this doesn't help those with a fear of flying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Somalian airlane , from somalia. Then British airways to London.
    Is that a good airline? I recently went to Pakistan with a stop in Dubai by emirates which is a very good airline.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like two French fighter jets have been deployed to try and find it. Hopefully it won't take too long.

ReputationRep:
    This is awful, I hope they're all safe

ReputationRep:
    damn
    I just want to ride in first class in emirates before they ban all flights !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyYYYY)
    Looks like two French fighter jets have been deployed to try and find it. Hopefully it won't take too long.
    They'll discover the aliens and instantly surrender.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a good airline? I recently went to Pakistan with a stop in Dubai by emirates which is a very good airline.

Is it's ok i suppose , only a three hour flight anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I love flying
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Will be going via helicopter (A Gunship) on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Well 2014 has been a pretty eventful year :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Is it's ok i suppose , only a three hour flight anyway.
    Hope you have a safe journey.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you have a safe journey.
    Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.