The Student Room Group

Overreaction to sexual misdeeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lamyers1
A criminal warning won't show up on a CRB, and your record gets wiped at 18 anyway for things like that. It will not affect them at all, except to hopefully show them the seriousness of doing things like this.

Yes, it's not a sensible thing to do, but the fact is that they are children. They need to be protected and educated about doing things like that, especially if their parents are failing to do so. Even so, peer pressure can also encourage them to do things like that.

No, I would never do something like that, but I have always been body-concious and have never been surrounded by people doing it.

That's what people say.

If you want to pass MOD type security checks nothing ever gets wiped.

You can find yourself going for a position or contract with a commercial company that is a subcontractor of MOD or just moved to an assignment in a company and you may need to sign the Official Secrets Act and get full security clearance. You need to spill your guts out about that funny cigarette you had aged 18.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Madeline_H95
My theory is any of us who would happily send a nude photo or pressure our friends into doing the same must have been influenced by a boy and it's a domino effect. Boys can't control their hormones so get desperate. Some girls just give in and then pressure others.

I've posted a "am I pretty" question on YA once buts that's it. I did it as i felt ugly after bullying.

You can't group boys like that. They can control their hormones, and it's not just boys pressuring girls into sending nude photographs.

Just because a man sees a girl walking down the street in shorts and a revealing top doesn't mean that he will instantly become aroused and want to get her to send naked photos of herself. It's the same principal with young boys in school. If they have such a strong desire to see girls/women who are naked, there are plenty of easily accessible images and videos online.

Also, when talking about peer pressure, I'm not talking about girls actively pressuring other girls into doing it. It may just be that a girl wants to 'fit in' with a certain crowd of people, and thinks that by sending pictures like that then they will. And it's not just girls doing this, it's boys too. They must feel a certain pressure to send pictures of their penises to girls (and maybe other boys), or they wouldn't do it either.
Original post by AbdulKoyes
I shall provide on your behalf, my good man

Thank you very much.
Reply 23
Original post by SpikeyTeeth
That's what people say.

If you want to pass MOD type security checks nothing ever gets wiped.

You can find yourself going for a position or contract with a commercial company that is a subcontractor of MOD or just moved to an assignment in a company and you may need to sign the Official Secrets Act and get full security clearance. You need to spill your guts out about that funny cigarette you had aged 18.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very few people go through DV
You can me made to sign the Official Secrets Act and be put through baseline (analogous to CRB)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending