Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the easiest A Levels to do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marple)
    Hi
    Have you also looked into all the "extra" stuff you need to do for medicine? It can take longer than you think to find suitable volunteering opportunities and you need to have shown a reasonable level of commitment by the time you apply.

http://www.medicalcareers.nhs.uk/con...unteering.aspx

good luck
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend A Level maths. I have both enjoyed it and found it very easy. I feel you would struggle to do the maths involved in a medical degree without at least one A level in maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleenaa)
    Because ive Looked at the websites and you only need a a a to get in..
    you must remember though that: (1)these are minimum entry requirements and (2) those are A2 grades , most if not all candidates will have 4 AS.
    For example Cambridge state online that their acceptance for natural sciences is A*A*A however on visiting the university I was told on average the students had 3.4 A*s each - meaning they either had 3 or 4 A*s at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    you must remember though that: (1)these are minimum entry requirements and (2) those are A2 grades , most if not all candidates will have 4 AS.
    For example Cambridge state online that their acceptance for natural sciences is A*A*A however on visiting the university I was told on average the students had 3.4 A*s each - meaning they either had 3 or 4 A*s at A2.
    thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    thank you! x
    Thats ok ! x

ReputationRep:
    For medicine you need to up your game. Another serious subject at A2 eg Maths as suggested plus at least one other AS possibly A2. As indicated by an earlier poster Maths is not overly taxing and importantly is not massively time consuming either. The online resources now available make it one of the better / easiest subjects now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I can do Maths.. what about bio chem psychology and sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For medicine you need 3 science a levels, i've heard. Preferably with a 4th AS.

ReputationRep:
    The Sutton Trust research shows that quite a large number of uni candidates who are certainly bright enough ruin their own chances by choosing unsuitable A level combos. For serious students particularly in medicine research here is vital and in particular you need to learn what a Russell Group facilitating subject is.

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my a levels, and I must say that psychology, unless you really commit it is very hard as the work load is horrific! English language is actually a really nice subject to do if you have the AQA board! You have a lot of choice in what you do I thought I'd hate it but I didn't mind it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Lizzysmith.. But English is by far my worst subject :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And no you don't need 3 science a levels. If you look at the entry requirements, most university's only want Chemistry and they say and/OR biology.. Then they ask for another A in A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because ive Looked at the websites and you only need a a a to get in..
    How many people do you think actually get those grades, if not higher and still not get in? Just because it says 'AAA is the requirement for A2' doesn't mean you've got a place if you're predicted that. C'mon you can't be THAT naíve? :confused: It's a requirement to even be considered.

Also, just because it says you need chemistry or biology; doesn't mean its enough. If you got AA*A* in Chemistry, History, Psychology and another candidate got AAA* in Chemistry, Maths/Phys and Biology. The other would most likely get picked.

I can't stress enough that the requirements written on university pages and the UCAS pages are absolute MINIMUM requirements.

Thank you Lizzysmith.. But English is by far my worst subject :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
      From what I've read, you should pick sociology, it's quite a 'safe' option, and arguable the 'easiest' a level..my friend read her notes before the exam without doing revision beforehand, and got a high B grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

btw psychology is **** imo also you dont learn anything useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Lizzyysmith)
        I have just finished my a levels, and I must say that psychology, unless you really commit it is very hard as the work load is horrific! English language is actually a really nice subject to do if you have the AQA board! You have a lot of choice in what you do I thought I'd hate it but I didn't mind it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Psychology revision was the death of me, there was just too many case studies to follow for each topic :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        I advise you to not listen to people telling you to do maths unless you're naturally good at it. It is by no means an "easy" A level lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TheVth)
        Psychology revision was the death of me, there was just too many case studies to follow for each topic :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
        It was horrific wasn't it! Then having to structure the answers, it was all too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        You should also do 4 AS subjects or you'll be disadvantaged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Lizzyysmith)
        It was horrific wasn't it! Then having to structure the answers, it was all too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
        If I get a B, I'll honestly be so happy! I put everything into the countless hours of revision 😧😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.