Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you were a manager how would you play? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phish food)
    0-10-0

Team would be Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Pirlo, Scholes, Alonso, Busquets, Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Mata.
    That's Pep's wet dream right there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Thought this would be a cool thing to do. Ok so in this order set it out:

- Formation
    - Playing Style (e.g possession/counter attack etc.)
    - Positions (e.g DM/CM)
    - Role of each position (explain what the role of the CM for example would be in your team- would it be a DLP, a B2B?)

You can also make a "dream team" if you want of people in football who you feel would be suited to the role you want them to perform in your team. Will edit and do mine later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Formation - 4-3-3
    Playing style - The defenders would push high up the pitch and force opposing strikers back as to not be offside, if opposition had quick wingers/strikers who were good, the defenders would push a bit back to not leave too much room. Would want the team to control possession and play safe a lot of the time and pick their moments intelligently. Keeping the ball moving quickly with one touch passes and avoid over the top balls. Midfielders would be allowed to roam the pitch with one playing as CDM and sticking in front of the back line to try and read the opposition counter attack and try to nullify any threat by intercepting or otherwise. The two wingers would play as traditional wingers, rarely crossing the ball in but instead cutting in themselves and having a go at goal or playing back if there isn't an option. When they lose the ball, I'd want them to close down quickly and compress the pitch as much as they can to make it difficult for the opposition.
    Positions: GK, LB, CB, CB, RB, CDM, CM, CM, RW, LW, STR

Team I would want: Neuer, Alba, Ramos, Hummels, Lahm, Busquets, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi (same order as above positions)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4-3-3 false nine, or 3-4-3 diamond.

Doesn't really matter what formation, as long as the philosophy is correct. I want my team to play fast-paced possession football, with quick interchanges. Barcelona 08-12 is still the greatest club I've seen play football. Sure, you can gradually break it down. But 7/10 times, you'll be on the winning side.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    4-2-3-1 like Liverpool played in 08-09.

I'd have two solid defensive holding midfielders, one to break up play (like a Mascherano) and one to spray balls to the front four. I'd have three flair players behind the striker who are willing to get back and win the ball and help out. My striker would have to be a lone one and willing to take players on, hold the ball up and win aerial battles.

Not dissimilar to Chelsea's current set-up.

ReputationRep:
    My favoured system has been pretty much the same way I have played on FM for the last 3 years.

Formation: 3-1-4-2

Play Style: Dominate the ball both through maintaining possession in deep positions and attempting to win the ball back VERY quickly (preferably within the 6 second window), target would be 65%+ in every game. All players should be comfortable in multiple positions and covering for each other. Integrated movement allows DM and DCr to make runs from unpredictable positions.

Positions + Roles:
    Gk - Must be very comfortable on the ball, quick coming off his line and composed under pressure. Basically Manuel Neuer :P

DCl - Standard CB, must be comfortable with the ball.

DCc - Covering CB, quick over the ground, good with the ball.

DCr - Ball Playing Defender. Should be comfortable stepping WAY put of the backline if needed, right up into the opponents final third if possible (think Lucio/David Luiz).

DM - Deep Lying Playmaker with ability to drive forward from deep positions to offer direct goal threat from deep as the opportunity arises.

RM/LM - Pretty standard wing backs, play very aggressively in defence and attack, don't fall back to form a back 5 preferring to stay in line with CMs.

CMr - The player English fans will clearly hate. Keeps possession under all circumstances, fills in when others gp forward, picks ball up from defence etc, etc

CMl - Classic box-to-box midfielder.

STr/l - Both should be very rounded players, both should be equally capable of dropping deep, drifting wide or sprinting in behind. Creating space should for others should be considered as important as scoring goals.

Team: Exact members of the team aren't really relevant. The entirety of the squad would be used depending on the particular strengths and weaknesses of each player and how that plays against the particular opposition.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.