Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think BBC is being biased on Palestine conflict? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, Israel isn't doing anything wrong. Yes, they're killing people through collateral damage but there isn't anything else they can do. They can't not respond. Hamas is democratically elected. They shouldn't be attacking Israel. They shouldn't be putting military targets near civilians.

Hamas breaks ceasefire. Israel wanted a ceasefire but Hamas broke it. What exactly does anyone want Israel to do? Ignore attacks?

ReputationRep:
    Well like de_monies said, there are those claiming the BBC's pro-Israel and then there are those saying they're pro-Palestine which surely says something and tbh having seen much of the coverage, and I can't say I've seen much evidence for a bias strongly either way really, so I'd say no they don't have a particularly strong bias either way despite the claims of many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    The thing is, Israel isn't doing anything wrong. Yes, they're killing people through collateral damage but there isn't anything else they can do. They can't not respond. Hamas is democratically elected. They shouldn't be attacking Israel. They shouldn't be putting military targets near civilians.

Hamas breaks ceasefire. Israel wanted a ceasefire but Hamas broke it. What exactly does anyone want Israel to do? Ignore attacks?

Stop trolling.

[email protected] Israel isn;t doing anything wrong. I guess you thought the gulag was a fair means to deal with kulaks lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoddyBuilder)
    Stop trolling.

[email protected] Israel isn;t doing anything wrong. I guess you thought the gulag was a fair means to deal with kulaks lol.
    You have no argument, other than one which makes they're putting guns to people's heads and the solution is simple as not doing that.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said people on both sides accuse the beeb of being biased on the topic so I think it's fair to say that people either aren't watching enough or that the BBC are being unreliable in some way with both sides- which is difficult to avoid in such a chaotic environment- and people only notice when issues about their own side are apparently omitted.

ReputationRep:
    Israel is a disgusting country. How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    You have no argument, other than one which makes they're putting guns to people's heads and the solution is simple as not doing that.

What?

My argument is simple. Israel is summarily executing Palestinians, in a territory they totally control and keep as an open air prison. Israel essentially wants to kill 100 Palestinains for every israeli dead and they;re quite frank about that.

The media presents this as a war between two states and that Israel is under threat. Israel is not under threat, the Gaza strip is a prison/ghetto,

It also states this operation is due to rocket fire, which is also false. The root cause is based on Israelis executing Palestinians children, once again for fun.

Are you damaged?

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed complaints of bias from both sides. It's not biased, you just consider the other viewpoint to be less important than your own.

If you're so passionate about one cause, the slightest mention of the other side is too much, it makes 50:50 reporting feel like 90:10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    I've noticed complaints of bias from both sides. It's not biased, you just consider the other viewpoint to be less important than your own.

If you're so passionate about one cause, the slightest mention of the other side is too much, it makes 50:50 reporting feel like 90:10.

The complaints from the Israeli side are well funded, well organized groups who are designed to control the narrative on the conflict. I expect they;re funded by Israel.

ReputationRep:
    The complaints from the Israeli side are well funded, well organized groups who are designed to control the narrative on the conflict. I expect they;re funded by Israel.
    Source?

I suspect you're one of the people I was referring to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Source?

I suspect you're one of the people I was referring to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E70BwA7xgU

ReputationRep:
    My argument is simple. Israel is summarily executing Palestinians, in a territory they totally control and keep as an open air prison. Israel essentially wants to kill 100 Palestinains for every israeli dead and they;re quite frank about that.
    This isn't an argument. It's talking *******s with no evidence.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't an argument. It's talking *******s with no evidence.

Gaza is a blockaded territory, with no sovereignty. Its people are udner Israeli control. It is a prison/ghetto.

The people have no means to defend themselves and they;r ebeing blown to bits because they look different.

What's wrong with you?

ReputationRep:
    Gaza is a blockaded territory, with no sovereignty. Its people are udner Israeli control. It is a prison/ghetto.

The people have no means to defend themselves and they;r ebeing blown to bits because they look different.

What's wrong with you?
    Hence why Arabs are able to live peacefully with Jews in Israel.

Hence why an Arab judge is able to sentence a previous Israeli PM over sexual offences.

ReputationRep:
    Hence why Arabs are able to live peacefully with Jews in Israel.

Hence why an Arab judge is able to sentence a previous Israeli PM over sexual offences.

You mean how arabs live as second class citizens in Israel? Whom Israel is trying to round up into an area and attach it to the west bank?

I am too smart and know too much for you. Your ugly games wont work here...

ReputationRep:
    I am too smart and know too much for you. Your ugly games wont work here...
    Bad troll. I'm out.

ReputationRep:
    Bad troll. I'm out.

lol pathetic. No wonder everybody hates you.

ReputationRep:
    No wonder everybody hates you.
    ^
    Hilarious

ReputationRep:
    ^
    Hilarious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E70BwA7xgU

ReputationRep:
    lol pathetic. No wonder everybody hates you.
    And you've just lost the argument right there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.