Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting far in life with a 2.2 class degree ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosewal)
    Anyone with a 2.2 that's got a good job now ?

Im in losing hope since graduating. Wherever I read / hear people talk about degree classification , it appears a decent graduate job ( pays £20,000 or +) is not within reach.

Also, I know there are some jobs where the requirement is 2.2 like civil service ,unilever etc would they give priority with those with 2.1 or 1st.
    Hiya,

Have you thought about trying an SME? SME's are small medium sized businesses who employ less than 250 people. A lot of them are high growth turning over millions of pounds but you do not hear about them because of their size.

Unlike corporate companies like Unilever they are less concerned about your university grade and more about what you have done in your spare time, what skills you have and if you will fit into their organisation.

I work for an SME called Zealify and I absolutely love it. Often they can offer you salaries that rival big corporations but you feel more valued as you can see your work making a difference.

To improve how employable I really recommend you get as much experience as possible and you put every transferable skill you have out on your CV (eg if you have been part of a club or society this shows organising and an eye for detail)

I hope this helps! if not feel free to email me at emma (at) zealify (dot) com.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.