Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men live in fear of teenage girls flirting with them Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    But sometimes a male teacher has done nothing wrong and their reputation is still ruined.

I agree wholeheartedly with the article as a male secondary school teacher who has to put up with a lot of **** from teenage girls and with this **** in particular being a major issue. Thankfully, I work at a good school who is able to discern, on the most part, genuine student complaints from the fake ones.
    If you make an effort to distance yourself, make the higher powers aware of what is going on and how uncomfortable you are with it etc, then there surely should be no issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    If you make an effort to distance yourself, make the higher powers aware of what is going on and how uncomfortable you are with it etc, then there surely should be no issue?
    Generally there isn't. It is, however, uncomfortable because you feel that every word you say is being heavily scrutinised and ready to be 'misinterpreted'.

ReputationRep:
    Quite honestly this happened to me just the other day.

At work my boss decided to bring her 13 Yo daughter along seeing she was bored and wanted to help out.

I had to deal with her flirting all day which was really weird seeing she looks really young (well because she is! lol). I was also terrified that my boss would be around when she did it one time and blame me for being a "pedo" even though I did nothing wrong :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    Problem is you have examples of people doing that, then the girl makes stories up such as he was flirting back etc to attempt to get out of trouble... it's what kids do.

Then the guy actually would be in trouble even though he hasn't done anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    You what? Now you're putting the blame on the girls. The teacher is in a position of trust. If he wanted to date her he should have quit his job before hand.

No, what's unreasonable is to think that a man cant control himself.
    It has nothing to do with the man controlling himself. He out and about, met a girl who started flirting with him, assumed she was 18 (she said no different), started a relationship with a 4 year age difference but realized come September he would be her teacher. He was unlucky as if she wasn't in his class he would probably still be teaching. This was a good few years ago when I was doing my AS levels. They're happily married with a child now.

Society needs to stop this assumption the man is always at fault. That's not always the case. I've been at a nightclub and imposed myself on someone who didn't exactly brush me off. Maybe I should have been able to control myself?

ReputationRep:
    hmm seems like just an excuse.
    Couple weeks back I was in the chicken shop getting 4 wings and chips from bossman and a couple young girls tried it.
    One said "oioi sexy"
    I smiled and said you are too young and kept it moving.
    Earlier this week I see one pretty girl wearing her school uniform,legs on show very short skirt.
    Rode right pass on my bike and said nothing.

it ain't hard not to be a nonce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madeline_H95)
    It has nothing to do with the man controlling himself. He out and about, met a girl who started flirting with him, assumed she was 18 (she said no different), started a relationship with a 4 year age difference but realized come September he would be her teacher. He was unlucky as if she wasn't in his class he would probably still be teaching. This was a good few years ago when I was doing my AS levels. They're happily married with a child now.

Society needs to stop this assumption the man is always at fault. That's not always the case. I've been at a nightclub and imposed myself on someone who didn't exactly brush me off. Maybe I should have been able to control myself?

In that case sure, not his fault. Your original post was written like he met the girl in school & then started a relationship with her.

What exactly is your point here? If you imposed yourself on someone and? If he then goes and rapes you, because you were flirting with him, then yes, it's his fault. Not yours for flirting. That's a different example anyway, no one is blaming men here. If a man or woman is in a position of trust and do something wrong then they are at fault regardless if a child "came on to them" at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    In that case sure, not his fault. Your original post was written like he met the girl in school & then started a relationship with her.

What exactly is your point here? If you imposed yourself on someone and? If he then goes and rapes you, because you were flirting with him, then yes, it's his fault. Not yours for flirting. That's a different example anyway, no one is blaming men here. If a man or woman is in a position of trust and do something wrong then they are at fault regardless if a child "came on to them" at school.
    Ah, simple misunderstanding then. He only continued it in school.

I think you have taken it to the extreme her. Of course rape will never be the fault of the victim or a woman being grossly taken advantage of will never be her fault, but I interpret the original post as describing the jail-bait scenario whereby young teenagers (15/16/17 y.o.) flirt with men in their twenties, agree to a kiss and hooking up etc... but place the man in danger for being a sex offender. The age difference between them may only be a few years which is the average age difference for a married couple, but if something did happen between a girl of that age and a man, the fault would lie with the man in the eyes of the law. Should it be that way? In some circumstances, yes, but in others, no.

Going back to the club idea, you could have a 17 year old girl going to a club with a fake ID. She flirts with a boy, they kiss, and she agrees to have sex with a 21 year old male student who assumes she must be of age. Word gets out and he ends up signing the sex offenders list ruining his life in the process. This actually happened in Canada and a similar thing has happened in the UK under slightly different circumstances with different ages. Did he take advantage of her? No! it was a one night stand between two consenting individuals (she did not not regret sleeping with him) but the law meant the man was prosecuted. If the event happened a few months later everything would have been fine. It's an event like this which creates the fear the OP spoke of. Other 21 year old college males will now be hesitant before hooking up fearing the girl may actually be jail-bait.

In short, my point it every time something sexual happens between an underage girl and a man, society always seems to jump on the bandwagon blaming the man for taking advantage without knowing the circumstances. As in my example above, the circumstances may mean the man did not actually take advantage of her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madeline_H95)
    Ah, simple misunderstanding then. He only continued it in school.

I think you have taken it to the extreme her. Of course rape will never be the fault of the victim or a woman being grossly taken advantage of will never be her fault, but I interpret the original post as describing the jail-bait scenario whereby young teenagers (15/16/17 y.o.) flirt with men in their twenties, agree to a kiss and hooking up etc... but place the man in danger for being a sex offender. The age difference between them may only be a few years which is the average age difference for a married couple, but if something did happen between a girl of that age and a man, the fault would lie with the man in the eyes of the law. Should it be that way? In some circumstances, yes, but in others, no.

Going back to the club idea, you could have a 17 year old girl going to a club with a fake ID. She flirts with a boy, they kiss, and she agrees to have sex with a 21 year old male student who assumes she must be of age. Word gets out and he ends up signing the sex offenders list ruining his life in the process. This actually happened in Canada and a similar thing has happened in the UK under slightly different circumstances with different ages. Did he take advantage of her? No! it was a one night stand between two consenting individuals (she did not not regret sleeping with him) but the law meant the man was prosecuted. If the event happened a few months later everything would have been fine. It's an event like this which creates the fear the OP spoke of. Other 21 year old college males will now be hesitant before hooking up fearing the girl may actually be jail-bait.

In short, my point it every time something sexual happens between an underage girl and a man, society always seems to jump on the bandwagon blaming the man for taking advantage without knowing the circumstances. As in my example above, the circumstances may mean the man did not actually take advantage of her.
    Ah, simple misunderstanding it is, on both ways. I thought you were victim blaming and taking all blame out of a man if he abused his position. I agree with you, just as I agreed with the OP about this. Men do have to be more careful as they are easily painted as a paedophile or creep. They also seem to get more of a 'punishment' in comparison to women here. May be stereotypes, I don't know why. Yes, guys have to be more wary here as they think about these things, where as women don't have to worry about if a guy is jail-bait & lying about it or not (ive never worried about this, neither have any friends its not an occurring phenomenon in comparison to young girls lying about their age).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiddleUnderclass)
    Another reason why a Sharia Britain is the way forward. Only a total separation of men and women in public life will set us free and create a far more safer, cleaner professional environment.
    Lol I agree with you but a sharia Britain won't happen mate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.