Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your biggest fear? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Probably only really heights/falling and very constricted spaces. Though...
    Not a big fan of parasitic helmniths such as long worms etc., or the idea of something hatching eggs inside me...

ReputationRep:
    Not becoming rich

..oh and big black hairy spiders

ReputationRep:
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marianne Willamson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem101)
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marianne Willamson
    I love this quote they read it to us at our graduation ceremony.

ReputationRep:
    Spiders and losing my parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabana)
    Hey everyone , just wondering what is your biggest fear?
    death/parents dying

general fear is slugs.any other insect is fine, and i would happily get in a bath filled with tarantulas. i don't understand the spider thing.and even snails are fine. but i get so scared of slugs they actually make me cry :')

unfortunately for me this summer slugs have been somehow getting into the kitchen this summer on a daily basis,i've found them on the kitchen top, in cupboards and even in the freezer :/ and covering my shoes in slime. worst was when i went outside barefoot in the dark,thinking i'd be fine, and felt a slimy thing under my foot.cringe.i spent half an hour washing my foot that day aha

when i was a kid i used to just pile salt on them, but i won't kill things now so i basically just have to live in fear

ReputationRep:
    Dying in a plane crash

ReputationRep:
    Losing another family member

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Growing old full of regret.

ReputationRep:
    Spiders is the biggest. There was a house spider in my room and I was frozen on my bed yelling for my housemate to come in and rescue me :sad:

Other top ones include flying, the sea and assorted creepy crawlies. Oh, and space, but that doesn't really affect me a lot...:moon:

ReputationRep:
    So tempting to post some pics of giant house spiders

My room is full of spiders for some reason. It's the thin bodied ones though. It's only the big ones with thick legs that freak me out.

(Original post by AKWxxx)
    d
    when i was a kid i used to just pile salt on them, but i won't kill things now so i basically just have to live in fear
    Haha, I'm like this. I refuse to smash a big spider with a book so have to use a cup/paper combo to get it out the house. So much risk :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Crowds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    So tempting to post some pics of giant house spiders

My room is full of spiders for some reason. It's the thin bodied ones though. It's only the big ones with thick legs that freak me out.

ReputationRep:
    These things freak me out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.