Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it okay to drug deal to fully competent adults from a moral point of view Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparticus515)
    I'm no drug dealer, but surely lesson one at drug dealer school would be "Don't post online that you're going to start dealing"
    No, rule number one is, and I quote:
    "Rule Nombre Uno: never let no one know
    How much dough you hold cause you know
    The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
    If that man ****ed up, get yo' ass stuck up"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    Do it but I will literally bet my precious boobs that you'll get arrested.
    (Original post by Sparticus515)
    I'm no drug dealer, but surely lesson one at drug dealer school would be "Don't post online that you're going to start dealing"
    I have no intention of doing it.

(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    That you are "just supplying a demand" does not make it acceptable. Slave traders just supply a demand; professional killers just supply a demand.

And to be honest, the idea of selling only to "fully competent adults who know the consequences of the drugs" is garbage. How can you separate out the competent ones from the incompetent ones? When the competent adults' incompetent buddies hear about it and come to try and buy some themselves, are you really prepared to say no and refuse service to them? How do you know that the competent adults you're selling to won't resell it to other people? It could even be argued that no fully competent adult who knew the consequences of the drugs would use the drugs in the first place!
    I suppose you have a point, you can't really tell if an individual is fully competent with a full medical testing. Hypothetically speaking if you were sure they were competent though.
    If you establish your business on certain core principles that you will not sell to certain people then yes it would be pretty easy to refuse service.
    I wouldn't know, but that is not my problem. How do you know when you sell some alcohol/cigarettes the person isn't going to sell it on to underage children?
    Is that with all drugs or just illegal ones or just recreational ones, does caffeine count too?

(Original post by SamUKG97)
    PM me if you want some "advice" brother, you wont get any by making a thread
    I have no intention of doing it.

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    If your doing drugs , then your not "fully competent". Regardless of age.
    Like I asked the previous poster is that with all drugs or just illegal ones or just recreational ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I apologise that my knowledge of drug dealing is inferior to yours. If you're selling a little bit of weed and it's not often, alright. A legit drug dealer, though, how do you know you're not going to sell to an undercover cop? I have never dealt or bought any drugs, so I don't know how it works. I assume that you get plenty of random people wanting to buy and you have no idea who they are.
    Depends how you approach it, there are some dealers who would sell to anyone and everyone. Others take a much more cautious approach only dealing to people they know and expand by expecting to be introduced to new customers based on already trustworthy customers. Some genuinely walk down the street and offer drugs like it's water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Depends how you approach it, there are some dealers who would sell to anyone and everyone. Others take a much more cautious approach only dealing to people they know and expand by expecting to be introduced to new customers based on already trustworthy customers. Some genuinely walk down the street and offer drugs like it's water.
    I've even had lads pull up in their car whilst driving by my house because they saw me smoking a ciggie to offer me, well, anything I wanted tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xOHarriet)
    Well not worth a drug conviction.

As my daddy always told me "There's 2 things you don't want in life, a drug conviction and a baby - they never go away"
    If you were hypothetically, I have no idea the scale of operation you would require to earn this but say you were earning £25,000 a week in profit. Would that be worth the risk of a drug conviction, what about if the figure was higher.

I'm guessing your dad didn't listen to his own advice, seen as through your here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I've even had lads pull up in their car whilst driving by my house because they saw me smoking a ciggie to offer me, well, anything I wanted tbh.
    I did a foundation year at a uni, I remember going to buy some milk and some guy who was obviously as high as a kite approached me asking if I wanted some coke, I said no and he approached the next guy he came across on the street. I saw him do this to a good 3/4 people before I walked off. Another time, I was walking back from the takeaway as some guy rolls down his window with a clenched fist asking if I'm "waiting".

It's amazing how stupid some of these people are but at the same time, there are some very smart dealers who hold down dealing with a completely functioning normal life, with a family and legal job.

ReputationRep:
    Morally it isnt wrong. Just dont get caught cos once you do goodluck with the rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    One of the many golden rule of dealing "Don't get high on your own supply".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Fair enough. Even though I don't have a problem with people taking drugs, I wouldn't want to sell any. I'd be far too afraid of being caught. Even if the chances are low.
    Let's put it this way.

Once one of mates told me about a dealer and so I call up the dealer and say I want x and y.

So I turn up to the corner and do the deal with the guy.

5 minutes later, I get a call from the dealer asking where I am.

Turns out I went to another dealer by mistake who happened to be there.

That's how prevalent and easy it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.