Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found out she has a boyfriend Watch

I wouldn't have fallen for her anywhere near as easily if we weren't going to university together in a few months. Also real life meetings are not possible given we live on opposite sides of the country.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are she's holding out to see what's else is on the market in a few months time when she starts uni, lol, hot girls do that as they, 'know what there worth' as their saying goes. If she gets with you then she restricts herself during freshers week. Expect girls to play silly games like this. Girls reciprocating when they don't have an honest intention of being with a guy is a real pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    grow a pair and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)
    This guy has got it right.

And how.
    Thank you sir, I appreciate your kind words.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I tried to make it not obvious, so despite the subtle flirting the topic never came up. That's why it was such a shock.
    I would much rather have her as a friend than be a stranger.
    I guess it depends on the level of flirting. For me I was flirting with a girl online 6-8 weeks, long emails every other day. The level of flirting got to explicit sexual talk, it was so obvious. But I never wanted to ask her if she was single, I just started from the premise that no single girl flirts with other blokes like this to this level. I pretty much saw it as a coronation to be honest, me arriving at university and dating this chick from day one, when she told me she had a boyfriend my heart sank. I'm better for it now though, I'd ask pretty early on if she had a boyfriend, regardless or not of whether the chick likes to be asked or not. Women are a bit like shares on the stock market, you want to learn as much as possible before putting the investment (time and effort) in. If she's got a boyfriend, just forget her, you're not going to get a good return. But you'll learn from this and be better for it in the future.

You don't want her as a friend trust me son. It's painful. You don't want her head on your shoulders crying to you about some other guy, you want her legs on your shoulders as she's screaming your name. As soon as there is no chance of a relationship, I do what Jordan Belfort does in the Wolf of Wall Street, pump and dump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Thank you sir, I appreciate your kind words.

I guess it depends on the level of flirting. For me I was flirting with a girl online 6-8 weeks, long emails every other day. The level of flirting got to explicit sexual talk, it was so obvious. But I never wanted to ask her if she was single, I just started from the premise that no single girl flirts with other blokes like this to this level. I pretty much saw it as a coronation to be honest, me arriving at university and dating this chick from day one, when she told me she had a boyfriend my heart sank. I'm better for it now though, I'd ask pretty early on if she had a boyfriend, regardless or not of whether the chick likes to be asked or not. Women are a bit like shares on the stock market, you want to learn as much as possible before putting the investment (time and effort) in. If she's got a boyfriend, just forget her, you're not going to get a good return. But you'll learn from this and be better for it in the future.

You don't want her as a friend trust me son. It's painful. You don't want her head on your shoulders crying to you about some other guy, you want her legs on your shoulders as she's screaming your name. As soon as there is no chance of a relationship, I do what Jordan Belfort does in the Wolf of Wall Street, pump and dump.
    I like you.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with prolonged texting is that the guy is sending a very powerful subliminal message to the girl which she is receiving. The message is that the guy is not getting any and is a lonely and bored soul so desperate for stimulation of any sort he starts falling for strange women online. This is not a good image or indeed reality for a guy to have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.