Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My school has mostly eldery invigilators. There was this one time in my Physics exam this year, when one of the more fat ones walked around collecting pieces of equation paper from the previous exam. As he passed my seat I was idly watching him; as I usually did whenever I could not think of an answer.
    He walked past my friend two seats ahead, and as he bent over to pick up a sheet of paper, the muscles in his a*** must have spazzed out because he let out the biggest baaaarrrrp sound. Those of us who heard it sat there for about 10 seconds looking at each other before one of us started to laugh really loudly. For some reason this laughter was not reproached by our faithful invigilator.

He spent the rest of that exam on the opposite wall of the hall.

ReputationRep:
    I think I genuinely annoyed all the invigilators by asking for extra paper in most of my exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiina_Tee)
    In an assembly this girl was walking up the stairs and she fell over I was the only one who found it funny and started laughing it was more a HA followed by a silence when I realised know one was laughing with me. Teacher turned around and stared straight at me and was like I'll deal with you later. I ran out if that assembly hall faster than bolt on that day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I actually laughed out loud at that!! Sounds really awkward! That happened to me before - and the girl had actually hurt herself too!!😳

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, there was one time during my Geography GCSE where BOTH of my pens stopped working. The teacher had a go at me for 'not bringing more than two pens', when we were clearly told just to take two!!! She gave me a red pen...

And one time where I did an R.E. mock, and afterwards, me and a friend sat on this table, and it fell from underneath us. Typically, as I was the most hated person in the year, only I got the absolute **** taken out of me instead of my friend.

And another time that my teacher sent me out because I'd apparently said something she hadn't liked, when neither me nor anyone else in the class said anything.

I think some people genuinely hated me there...

ReputationRep:
    Getting 2 D, 6 E and 1 F in my results.

I still feel like a complete failure now even though I've just passed a foundation year which has granted my entry into university.

But it does mean I can get rid of my secondary school on my CV

ReputationRep:
    Funniest embarrassing moment had to be GCSE English presenting coursework. We had to do this horror house commentary (groups of 3), which was so much fun. My English lessons were the best.

We played some spooky music on YouTube for atmosphere, however we didn't realise that 30 seconds into the YouTube video it turned into a rap song. I was talking in a spooky tone and then the rap music started playing and the whole class couldn't stop laughing, including my group members. I couldn't stop giggling and ending up getting a U. :lol:

Eventually we did it again though, using a different soundtrack of course and we all got A*.

Edit: This was the song :lol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlMnX_u6kE

ReputationRep:
    In February of this year;

My first day back at school after fracturing my patella, in the heaviest most ridiculous plaster cast from my ankle up to my hip, so obviously couldn't bend my knee.
    We had form assembly in the morning, and the room we use for form assembly is sort of like a small lecture theatre, so the seats are on stairs (if you get me).
    Takes me twice the time it takes everyone else to get from our registration rooms to the lecture theatre bc I had to use the lift. In I come, hobbling on my crutches, go up the steps of the lecture theatre to take a seat and trip, falling flat on my face in front of my whole year.

#dyspraxiaprobs

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait wtf I think I took photo and the TSR cut the important part
    repost later :<

ReputationRep:
    My two most embarrassing GCSE moments were probably;

When I was in my maths exam and fell asleep at the end and then invigilator had to wake me up, which was embarrassing enough but then i went to leave and I just collapsed on the floor because i hadn't eaten or drunk anything that day because i was an idiot. I walked out afterwards and the first aider asked me if i wanted to go home and i was like 'nah i'm fine i have another exam later' and then when i went into my 2hr product design exam i tripped and fell into a table which collapsed and the chair in front hit an invigilator.

The other time was more awkward than embarrassing but we were having a remembrance liturgy for our old school priest who died (i go to a catholic school) and half way through my phone randomly started playing 'i will survive' everyone just looked at me and i just curled up in embarrassment and tried to turn it off!

ReputationRep:
    wetting myself in Year 10 because i was laughing too much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelimoo)
    and then when i went into my 2hr product design exam i tripped and fell into a table which collapsed and the chair in front hit an invigilator.
    LOOOOOL I'm sorry but that's hilarious :lol:

Not that I'm any different, when it comes to exams they try to get you all in so hecticly, and since everyone can see each other so visibly it's really awkward just standing around - so I always rush around and try to find my seat quickly.

Avoid eye contact and find your name was my theory. It was also a theory that made me trip going to my seat every exam.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to cheat in my Spanish coursework because the rest of the class did and would get As but I had the misfortune of getting caught,
    Tbh I didn't even care if I got disqualified cause I hated Spanish, but I never cheated or attempted to cheat in my life ever again and never will,
    Worked hard and ended up getting an A I was proud of :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    I think I genuinely annoyed all the invigilators by asking for extra paper in most of my exams.
    During my Chemistry exam I used extra paper and there was this ***** invigilator who got all angry because I didn't treasury tag the paper in until the end (um I'm not going to sacrifice my exam time because of that). :rolleyes:

I treasury tagged it at the back in the end and then she got all sweaty since the invigilators were collecting the papers, shouting and saying it had to be on the inside. Super embarrassing. You don't even have to put it inside, I put my Geog one on the back and not on the inside and they didn't say anything. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    What was the most embarrassing thing to happen to you during your years doing GCSE?

Mine was to split my trousers while stretching for a save during a vital game of lunchtime football.

I had to go to my last afternoon lesson with a jumper tied around my waist which made it look like I was wearing a skirt. I looked ridiculous.

But I'm sure there are worse out there, right...
    Quite a similar story in fact, my geography teacher thought it would be a great idea to make meanders and ox-bow lakes out of play-doh two weeks before our exam. I sat on some the orange play-doh and I only realised when it was pointed out whilst I was up at the front of the class writing something on the board.

I too had to wrap my blazer around my waist to cover the large orange play-doh on my arse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    During my Chemistry exam I used extra paper and there was this b**** invigilator who got all angry because I didn't treasury tag the paper in until the end (um I'm not going to sacrifice my exam time because of that). :rolleyes:

I treasury tagged it at the back in the end and then she got all sweaty since the invigilators were collecting the papers, shouting and saying it had to be on the inside. Super embarrassing. You don't even have to put it inside, I put my Geog one on the back and not on the inside and they didn't say anything. :confused:
    What an idiot they should seriously give proper time to sort stuff like that out in the end! The same thing happened in my General Studies exam though.:eek: It was super awkward because the invigilator stood next to me for a good five minutes as I put the paper in order and wrote my name, candidate number, paper reference and other rubbish on about 6 pieces of extra paper :unimpressed:. He just got super peeved and snatched the paper off me and did it himself. :rofl:

Treasury tags just make the whole exam paper screw up a bit! The holes were stamped in such awkward places so you could barely open the exam paper properly once tagged. Sorting out paper is not my forte:dontknow:

p.s censored the swearing as I don't want you to get in trouble lool

ReputationRep:
    Had to do a presentation on To Kill a Mockingbird and I didn't read it, so I actually thought it was about killing mockingbirds (inb4 retard, it was ages ago :sad: )

Because I was talking, I had to go first and didn't have anyone to steal ideas from and made up a load of BS about the ethics of killing birds.

Being the sadistic **** that he is, my teacher actually let me go on for like 2/3 minutes before saying that it wasn't actually to do with mockingbirds and how to kill them ​-______- (haven't read it to this day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    What an idiot they should seriously give proper time to sort stuff like that out in the end! The same thing happened in my General Studies exam though.:eek: It was super awkward because the invigilator stood next to me for a good five minutes as I put the paper in order and wrote my name, candidate number, paper reference and other rubbish on about 6 pieces of extra paper :unimpressed:. He just got super peeved and snatched the paper off me and did it himself. :rofl:

Treasury tags just make the whole exam paper screw up a bit! The holes were stamped in such awkward places so you could barely open the exam paper properly once tagged. Sorting out paper is not my forte:dontknow:

p.s censored the swearing as I don't want you to get in trouble lool
    I know right, they don't give any time they just rush to collect the papers. I don't see why these invigilators get angry like calm down, there's no rush you're going to be here all day. :lol: You did General Studies at GCSE? I thought people only did that at A-Level, and even then barely anyone does it at A-Level. I assume it was compulsory at your school? iGCSE Citizenship and GCSE RS was for me.

It's not just you, they do put them in an odd place. I ended up ripping the corner of my Geography paper because I tried opening it after putting in the extra space paper with the treasury tag. I hope it's fine and the extra paper didn't get lost. That's what I'm most worried for when it comes to extra space paper, so I avoid using it at all costs so only ended up using it for 2 papers.

I think you can say ***** on TSR, since it didn't swear filter for me like how ****ing and **** does.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    I know right, they don't give any time they just rush to collect the papers. I don't see why these invigilators get angry like calm down, there's no rush you're going to be here all day. :lol: You did General Studies at GCSE? I thought people only did that at A-Level, and even then barely anyone does it at A-Level. I assume it was compulsory at your school? iGCSE Citizenship and GCSE RS was for me.

It's not just you, they do put them in an odd place. I ended up ripping the corner of my Geography paper because I tried opening it after putting in the extra space paper with the treasury tag. I hope it's fine and the extra paper didn't get lost. That's what I'm most worried for when it comes to extra space paper, so I avoid using it at all costs so only ended up using it for 2 papers.

I think you can say ***** on TSR, since it didn't swear filter for me like how ****ing and **** does.
    Yep it's on AQA! I thought it was bloody Citizenship till I got to the exam and was like oh **** it's GCSE General Studies?!!!! So useless. :unimpressed: We did AS GS alongside it with some sixth formers,which was very painful.
    Our school has a thing for shoving useless qualifications in front of us. You are correct! I did Compulsory RS but really enjoyed it.

We're literally the same aha, I'm sure the exams office have to sort out the exam papers before sending them off? If so they might reattach loose bits of paper but hopefully it won't be necessary! Some exam papers have such little spaces to write in and it's like really??:mad:

I had one very stupid invigilator in physics that literally stared at me when I had my hand up for like 10 minutes for paper! It wasn't until the nicer invigilator asked me what was wrong did I get the paper. Some of them are so useless I swear.

Ahhh **** I see, that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a fart, Sir. I thought it was safe!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.