Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Peaches Geldof baby alone for 17 hours Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    And even if a black market did exist, it would be far smaller than the black market that exists today because no one willingly buys black market vodka unlike drugs.
    His argument was it wouldn't exist. The fact you say it'd be smaller proves it will exist in some capacity so it wouldn't actually eradicate the problem.

Nobody willingly buys moonshine? Okay. :rolleyes:

How come such black markets still exist in Amsterdam then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)

If you're an addict and you can buy a gram for £20 from a dealer or for £40 from a legit drugs store who will you go with? By the way, you live on state handouts and you're not in the right frame of mind - after all you're a dependant addict who wants another fix ASAP. In fact, all it would do is drive down prices, make the black market more accessible to the poor due to lower costs - drug dealers do this already themselves - they lower the prices for the first few times then as soon as you're addicted and reliant on the substance they charge the normal rate or higher.
    Well, why would you think there is such a great price disparity in the first place?

If it drives down the prices of drugs then it makes removes the incentive for Drug dealers to commit the crime in the first place. Many of them are not making a huge amount of money anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    His argument was it wouldn't exist. The fact you say it'd be smaller proves it will exist in some capacity so it wouldn't actually eradicate the problem.

Nobody willingly buys moonshine? Okay. :rolleyes:

How come such black markets still exist in Amsterdam then?
    No normal person buys moonshine. That is why the article you linked is specifically about Counterfeit Vodka. They are pretending it is Smirnorff, Jacobs Creek and etc.

I am sure there is a market for moonshine for some addicts. I would take that over a similar sized counterfeit market for drugs over the illegal drugs market that exists today.

ReputationRep:
    This is why drugs are bad, kids

Spoiler:
    Show

m'kay

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, shame on Bob Geldof for allowing this to happen. What a terrible father.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

I still think she is a selfish, moronic ****.

ReputationRep:
    "Peaches Geldof baby alone for 17 hour"

Meanwhile in the Central African Republic conflict 1,211+ fatalities in 2014 alone

Oh no shock horror, who the hell cares? I hate it when the media and people give more light to issues like some famous rich person, when are fellow human beings are dying and the media doesn't show it just because they are "poor".

ReputationRep:
    If she spent the damn money she used on heroin instead on going to places like Sudan and other countries and spending that heroin money on families who would have used it for food and shelter or business, she would have seen their progression and she have been much more happy and not depressed at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    If she spent the damn money she used on heroin instead on going to places like Sudan and other countries and spending that heroin money on families who would have used it for food and shelter or business, she would have seen their progression and she have been much more happy and not depressed at all.
    Are you suggesting that giving money to charity cures depression?

ReputationRep:
    Tabloids knowing absolutely no bounds once again. Retailers should have some moral decency and stop selling the things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Not at all.

I still think she is a selfish, moronic ****.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Are you suggesting that giving money to charity cures depression?
    No, i'm saying seeing the progression of seeing your money helping someone live makes you more happy and by talking to them (talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects). Also just for you, you realise how little your 1st world problems are and put it into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    No, i'm saying seeing the progression of seeing your money helping someone live makes you more happy and by talking to them (talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects). Also just for you, you realise how little your 1st world problems are and put it into perspective.
    Depression isn't about first world problems, stop being ignorant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Depression isn't about first world problems, stop being ignorant
    Iditoic posts like this on tsr make people question you. You didn't even bother to read my post before you said "i'm ignorant".
    I'll quote myself again just so you can read it this time, note conversation makes you likely to cure depression.

"seeing the progression of seeing your money helping someone live makes you more happy and by talking to them (talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects)"

I even put it in brackets, if you missed that you're the ignorant person, not me. Get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    Iditoic posts like this on tsr make people question you. You didn't even bother to read my post before you said "i'm ignorant".
    I'll quote myself again just so you can read it this time, note conversation makes you likely to cure depression.

"seeing the progression of seeing your money helping someone live makes you more happy and by talking to them (talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects)"

I even put it in brackets, if you missed that you're the ignorant person, not me. Get a grip.
    It's still ignorant. You're assuming depression can be cured by doing something to make you happy, when depression doesn't work like that.

ReputationRep:
    Selfish because she was an addict?

People nowadays :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's still ignorant. You're assuming depression can be cured by doing something to make you happy, when depression doesn't work like that.
    Lord have mercy, you still can't read the bit in brackets.
    It's in brackets! How can you not see it?!

(talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects) Go onto google and type in therapy for depression which involves talking to someone to get a weight lifted of your chest, I know very well how it works, you just can't read or choose not and start an argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    Lord have mercy, you still can't read the bit in brackets.
    It's in brackets! How can you not see it?!

(talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects) Go onto google and type in therapy for depression which involves talking to someone to get a weight lifted of your chest, I know very well how it works, you just can't read or choose not and start an argument.
    :facepalm2:

Talking to someone is not the same as therapy...you are really going to equate CBT to just a normal conversation

ReputationRep:
    Addiction is a terrible illness it's consuming & takes over your whole life even when clean you will still fight a battle against addiction for the rest of your life, If she killed herself because of depression etc we would all be saying ah she must have had post natal depression and feel sorry for her but because she was addicted to drugs she's considered disgusting & selfish, Unfortunately Peaches lost her battle with her addiction just as her mother did please stop making comments now, her poor sons will have no memories of her and may read this one day. I really hope her sons don't repeat the same mistakes their mum and grandma made.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

Talking to someone is not the same as therapy...you are really going to equate CBT to just a normal conversation
    Don't facepalm me, when you couldn't even read something in brackets.

Therapy involves talking to someone, most likely someone who has been there before or who knows what you are feeling. Those people in 3rd world countries have exeprienced similar feelings of pain and depression, usally because they are poor and by getting together and saying " I have this xyz which is why I feel xyz, what about you?" They break down a barrier and open up.
    I know how it works, so stop testing me and get on with what ever is you do and lets leave it at that. End of quote.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.