TSR Movie Madness: Last 16. Pulp Fiction v The Lion King Watch

• View Poll Results: Last 16
    Pulp Fiction
    48.48%
    The Lion King
    51.52%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I loved the lion king, and have never seen Pulp Fiction, so Lion King.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Seems to have opened up a 4 vote lead out of nowhere!
    it's ****ing embarrassing that a kids cartoon movie is even close to one of the most important movies of the late 20th century.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    it's ****ing embarrassing that a kids cartoon movie is even close to one of the most important movies of the late 20th century.
    But if the voter hasn't seen the important movie, but has seen (and enjoyed) the kids cartoon?

If this were a movie dedicated forum then Pulp Fiction would eviscerate The Lion King. But it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    How can you claim that a kids cartoon movie isnt important? Our youth is some of the best years of our life, and if a kids cartoon movie such as the lion king can be thought of so highly, by so many people, then it clearly had a great effect on them and possibly even contributed to shaping how they are today

ReputationRep:
    This one looks like being another squeaker.

I think there's a difference between those that saw Pulp Fiction fresh, or at least untainted by the weight of expectation, and those that only saw it only after being told that it was the greatest thing since the invention of the printing press.
    This i think it definitely ruined it for me.

It's like when someone shows you a youtube video they find funny and you feel pressure from them to find it funny and it ruins the video. It's that effect but for an entire damn movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wombat96)
    How can you claim that a kids cartoon movie isnt important? Our youth is some of the best years of our life, and if a kids cartoon movie such as the lion king can be thought of so highly, by so many people, then it clearly had a great effect on them and possibly even contributed to shaping how they are today
    Of course I loved the Lion King when I was a kid but nowadays I can appreciate proper cinema.

The Lion King is a cartoon animal version/rip-off of Hamlet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Shock of the tournament. Simba knocks out Pulp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Shock of the tournament. Simba knocks out Pulp!
    Pulp was 4 up 20 minutes ago. Could there be more cheating going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phish food)
    Pulp was 4 up 20 minutes ago. Could there be more cheating going on?

Pulp was 4 votes up with 16 less votes cast about 2 hours ago.

20 minutes ago it was a draw 32-32.

ReputationRep:
    Pulp was 4 votes up with 16 less votes cast about 2 hours ago.

20 minutes ago it was a draw 32-32.
    I dunno, I think Pulp was 3 votes up with about 30 minutes to go, with a 5 vote swing in the last half hour.
    Could be genuine, but it does look just a little odd.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like Tarantino's OTT style. So it was Lion King for me.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I think Pulp was 3 votes up with about 30 minutes to go, with a 5 vote swing in the last half hour.
    Could be genuine, but it does look just a little odd.

I was one of them, as was Drewski and tootles since i mentioned it in the sub box when it was tied.

that's 3 of the votes. from 32-31 down to 34-32. I voted at 11:50

ReputationRep:
    I was one of them, as was Drewski and tootles since i mentioned it in the sub box when it was tied.

that's 3 of the votes. from 32-31 down to 34-32. I voted at 11:50
    Fair enough. I would still check if any new accounts voted in that last half hour, but no biggie.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh this one turned out to be a humdinger of a battle eh?

In case you need a tiebreaker because some of those votes are illegal, I would have voted for the Lion King. I agree with the poster a few posts ago that Tarantino is too often OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. I would still check if any new accounts voted in that last half hour, but no biggie.

Checked. They all seem legit but it's 1am and i'm tired.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.