Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you a summer or winter person? Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
    Summer
    26.98%
    Winter
    73.02%

ReputationRep:
    Summer, winter is just nasty and cold

ReputationRep:
    Anything not summer! I can't stand the current heat. Bring me rain and cold any day! There's something nice about curling up in the evening with a hot chocolate and watching films with the rain outside, compared to the hell thats going on currently. I don't think I've looked forward to summer ever in my life (apart from the no school aspect).

I'm too British for this sun!

ReputationRep:
    Summer all day every day for me lol
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    I prefer Autumn I'm an autumn baby too!
    Haha, exactly the same! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Winter. I hate the heat and that's why in the summer I go to colder places like Iceland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Generally I'm a 'the opposite of what season it actually is' person.

ReputationRep:
    My only gripe with summer is the long daylight hours. It makes me feel guilty being a hermit within my cave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Haha, exactly the same! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What month were you born in? I'm September

ReputationRep:
    Definately a winter peson.

ReputationRep:
    Lol winter always. My freckled skin wasn't made for this heat! :P
    It looks like most people agree

ReputationRep:
    There's 4 seasons, you know. :unimpressed:

I'm an autumn/winter person.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised there are so many people who have said winter. Personally, I hate the cold and am very much a summer person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    Summer all day every day for me lol
    Not to mix your metaphors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    So I thought I'd kick off a thread. What season do you prefer, summer or winter? And why?
    Post this thread in January. Guarantee you'll get the exact opposite response.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think of myself as a winter person, I have hayfever, I don't really do summer clothes... But, let's be honest, only 5% of winter is actually enjoyable. Where there is a blanket of snow on the ground and you don't have to be anywhere, it's amazing. Where there is a blanket of slush, and you're stuck in traffic because of it, it's not that great. Most of winter in the UK is just overcast, chilly conditions anyway. Because of that, I probably prefer the summer.

ReputationRep:
    winter all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I find this both insulting and factual.

ReputationRep:
    I like all the seasons but must say I'm more of a winter person. I absolutely love storms and dark nights and just being all cozy inside with a blanket and hot chocolate. :love: Plus you have the lead up to Christmas which is soo exciting, ahh I have butterflies just thinking about it lol, I cannot wait for October-December time.

ReputationRep:
    Summer. I can't stand being cold, I seem to be very sensitive to the cold and I hate it! Even when i'm indoors I have to wear about 3 jumpers and 3 pairs of socks. I hate day after day of rain and grey skies, it makes me sad and having to go out in the rain, getting wet and soggy then coming home to a cold house. Or when I get out of the shower...omgggg so cold :nooo:
    I also much prefer my summer clothes to winter clothes. I hate wearing trousers everyday in winter.

I think i'm just a special person who is overly sensitive to the cold :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.